Default Havent played in 4 years, what's changed?

Title.

I think they just introduced the second Ultimate Quest when I stopped playing years ago. I want to continue playing on JP server, what should I know?

I have Saiki units and Zienesis weapons, Im guessing they are outdated?
    Theres a whole bunch of new types of quests, and two new advanced classes?
    Please give me a rundown of the new PSO2! Thanks.

Let's see, yeah, Saiki units and Zeinesis weapons are really outdated, currently we have 13* units and 15* weapons.

Weapons wise, the Novel series are rather accessible at the moment, they're obtainable with weapon badges 2020, which drop in seasonal emergency quests (a seasonal EQ just started today).

Units wise I'm not sure what to recommend, I guess novel series would be the easiest to get at first, but they really lack in PP. They can also be converted into Liberate, but those lack in HP instead. I guess 1 Novel and 2 Liberate can work well (since 13* units don't have set bonus, instead each of them have high raw stats).
    Or, if you happen to have invade/austere 11* units, they have upgrade paths into 12* austere and then 13*, which have a great balance between HP and PP.

There's 3 successor classes currently, with a 4th one coming in September, they all use existing weapon types in new ways.
    The 3 available now are:
    Hero - sword, twin machineguns, talis
    Phantom - katana, rifle, rod
    Etoile - double saber, dual blades, wand
    And the 4th one coming in september doesn't have a name yet, but what we know of it so far is that it uses gunslashes.

Content wise, we currently have a lvl 95 cap and Ultra Hard difficulty that ranges between lvl 91 ~ 100 enemies, depending on the quests.
    New quests for this lvl range include:
    - 2 ultimate quests, a repeatable solo boss fight against an ep5 boss, it has stages to it and gets gradually harder as the player clears it (from lvl 1 to lvl 999), and a 4 player linear map quest in a new ep6 area.
    - Free fields have a UH version separate from the regular free fields, there's 4 available options currently (lillipa, naberius, wopal, harkotan), but the area in each of them changes every day (for example, lillipa UH free field has desert for one day, tunnels the next day, quarry the next, and then back to desert). Despite the changes in area per day, they all have the same spawns and the boss at the end is randomized between 3 possibilities.
    - New type of quest for 4 players, Divide Quests, they're a bit like Extreme Quests, but more interesting and don't require passes. Each run goes through 5 stages and there's a total of 30 stages currently (with an expansion planned for later this year). Also players receive a buff in these quests depending on the party size, the smaller the party, the bigger the buff.
    - Several Emergency Quests, between new and old ones that have been upgraded into UH.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jun 24, 2020 at 12:01 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Thank you for the reply!

I really need to upgrade gear, I still have active collection files from 2016 LOL

Another question, whats this Dark Falz transformation thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    Thank you for the reply!

I really need to upgrade gear, I still have active collection files from 2016 LOL

Another question, whats this Dark Falz transformation thing?
    It's a new feature that was added in Episode 5, if you ever played PSU, it kinda works like Beasts Nanoblasts.
    Also after having them unlocked, experience you gain during quests and certain extra objectives can also be used to get new abilities for each Dark Blast.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Weapon badges also drop from the rotating level up Featured Quest at the end crystal, should be faster and easier to obtain.