Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

They had a 1000 years span of gap Oracle not discovering any other civilization would be super weird.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    lol what 1000 years after pso2 this is clearly a pso3. Why did they still keep a pso2 name when it turn out to be a new game?try to fool a license law and transfer pso2 collab to this game like es?
    Inb4 some time travel stuffs only for your character to justify why we use the same character in both games.

Anyway, basically forget everything I said before, the 2nd trailer is quite worrisome. NG is basically a game being birthed off PSO2 and it feels like Sega is trying to convert as much of the pso2 player base to NG as possible before cutting off PSO2.

Though maybe we get lucky and it will be more like FF11 which apparently got a major content update as recent as this march despite FF14 already going strong for years.

NG does look amazing and I will definitely play it but tbh I realyl dislike that it sounds more and more like using generic mmorpg mechanics which I hate because they are not remotely as good in praxis as in theory. It always sounds amazing to play with tons of people and do epic quests but in fields what truly happens is that the numbers almost totally isolate you socially because there are so many people it's the equivalent of a small village (single party content) vs a large city, when there are 20+ other people in the same field there is just nothing connecting you to others at all.

Since Sega seems to covet generic rpgs they might also add generic quest chains which would be even worse because it's single player content with gameplay together with others but your own quest progress is different from almost everyone else so inevitably before long you will get separated. In PSO2 it's just about what you want to do but in generic mmorpgs to get any progress done before reaching endgame you have to finish most story quests since they easily offer the best rewards so not finishing those feels like doing e.g. Quarry exploration in SH when actually you want to do Divide Quests because you really want some Stil weapons.

No idea what will happen but ever since ep 5 was generic fantasy and sega added fishing and gathering like in mmorpgs I felt that Sega is coveting generic mmorpgs, maybe because of the success of FF11 and FF14 so after seeing the 2nd NG trailer I wouldn't wonder if it has a number of other generic mmorpg mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    what would you guys and girls what to see out of it?
    Post nuclear Apocalypse planet Earth, with a derelict nuked Alisa III, and Phaleg being Queen of the roaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    They had a 1000 years span of gap Oracle not discovering any other civilization would be super weird.
    I bet ARKS know of a lot of planets we have never seen in PSO2, if Darkers don't attack them there is no reason for them to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    You, me and a bunch of other people who have been playing since 2012 on JP servers have been in this situation for 8yrs+ now, why does this suddenly matter to you now?
    It's not that it suddenly matters now, it always mattered. I would have started in EU server back in 2012 if I had the option. But I didn't, and "succumbed" to following the unofficial solution in 2014. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't want it to be a "baseline" feature.

Consider the damage meters. They are officially not supported, and can lead to permanent suspension if caught using one. But I expect that at least half of us on this site alone uses one. That does not mean that we should not still ask for an official one, or that it suddenly started mattering if we ask for it.

Now that I said the above, can anyone on the official NA or JP forums ask for a baked-in dps meter?

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    The planets are there; just not mentioned, like Makia/Machia from PS Nova. Heck, Season3 of PSO2es even introduced a brand new planet, Carnabede. There's also the "Orakio Kingdom" from which Alis (the Shop Area NPC wearing one of the Orakio outfits) hails.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

speaking of PSO2es, it seems odd that after regleting the game for so many years, Sega has finally decided to do ties with their NA counterpart enough to not only just bring the game outside of japan, but release their next title alongside them. Yet they still neglect to bring PSO2es to the west?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    speaking of PSO2es, it seems odd that after regleting the game for so many years, Sega has finally decided to do ties with their NA counterpart enough to not only just bring the game outside of japan, but release their next title alongside them. Yet they still neglect to bring PSO2es to the west?
    if comes to west surely will be ultra censor by 4kids XD

So just a odd thought but if NG out lives PSO2, if the world is open and explorable, and if they add new planets and races with expansions/DLC, what would you guys and girls what to see out of it?
    Probably a post-apocalypse world but not the Mad Max kind, rather, the beautiful but sad kind with a lot of abandoned vehicles, overgrown plant life, ruined but still standing buildings, signs of people having lived there before, signs of war or other kinds of conflict, roads etc.

I'm a sucker for melancholic moods such as Breath of the Wild's open world.
    Last edited by loafhero; Jul 25, 2020 at 11:21 AM.

So just a odd thought but if NG out lives PSO2, if the world is open and explorable, and if they add new planets and races with expansions/DLC, what would you guys and girls what to see out of it?
    I have such a soft spot for floating lands. Bring back Amduskia and give us customizable flying mechs!

It's such a shame we never got to see badass Matoi from EP2 again.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Jul 25, 2020 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    Yeah, so I'm not sure what you meant by your first sentence since "regleting" isn't a word, but why would they bother to bring PSO2es to the west?
    -MikonX
    OG PSO2 real (JP) version
    Too many characters to list