Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    This reminded me that Sega really cannot make good PSO2 trailers to save their lives, by the way. This seems to generate next to zero excitement from people who aren't acquainted with the game I wish they were a bit better at this.
    People I know who aren't familiar with the series were quite interested in it because of the combat. Hopefully, they'll make more action trailers.

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Maybe if Sega did more Single Player RPG stuff with it that wouldn't be the case.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I may want to play both, and spend money in both, and yes, buying webmoney WAS a pain, thanks to pso2es that's no longer a pain, I just buy with my card through google, done. Having to buy prepaid currency from an import amazon site to buy another currency in the game is a pain.
    You can buy digital XBL cards off Amazon for w/e the conversion rate is if you link an XBL account to your W10. If it's on Steam, I assume the same can be done with a digital Steam code as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It's not that there is no way to play on those areas, it's that there is no official support for any issues. If I have trouble with purchases or my account details for any reason, not only will Support refuse to help me, they might even permaban my account on the spot.
    You, me and a bunch of other people who have been playing since 2012 on JP servers have been in this situation for 8yrs+ now, why does this suddenly matter to you now?

It's very similar to saying that you can play Nintendo games on your PC. It is 100% possible. But we have to resort to using non-supported 3rd-party software and break the ToU / EULA to experience something out of official channels.
    You, me and everyone else who's been playing PSO2 since 2012 to now have been breaking the ToS everytime you logged in to play, why does this suddenly AGAIN matter to you now?

I am currently on JP server since 2014. But I know that if for any reason something happens to my account, including an accidental suspension due to false positive from cheat detection programs, I will be unable to recover my account. This is entirely different from games like WoW, where I have direct contact with Support and solved issues that were out of my hand.
    Repeat myself from what I said above, all of a sudden this matters to you after so many years. YES I get that having that support matters for your region and that if something accidentally happens it would be great to get it resolved quickly but again, you've had this issue for years and suddenly it's a big deal now because of a new release.

I seriously don't think the NA team really cares whether you play from EU or not, likely treated just like any other game that releases that allows NA/EU players to play together like normal

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Never really thought about it till today, but do you guys think there's a chance some sort of beta testing phase of sorts will be held to get feedback from the community? And with NGS coming next year, do you suppose we'll have more LQs that give a decent rate of 13-15* gear and drops?
    Ya why wouldn't they put out a test launch? just hopefully it's not some raffle of sorts again like they did with the Alpha/Beta test but it'll probably happen again anyways
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

My point is... in 2022 the PSO2 (Service) will be 10 years old, will they shut down the servers or will they just continue with NGS for another 10 years? And when the 30th anniversary arrives, will they finally launch a PSO3?

Quote Originally Posted by Maulcun View Post
    My point is... in 2022 the PSO2 (Service) will be 10 years old, will they shut down the servers or will they just continue with NGS for another 10 years? And when the 30th anniversary arrives, will they finally launch a PSO3?
    I honestly never took the "10 years" quote as something to be taken literally. And while we can't say anything until we see what the reception to NG ends up being(neither can Sega, it seems very unlikely to me that it will only be supported for a year.

Regardless, for all intents and purposes this is PSO3 in everything but name if you ask me. This looks nothing like Blue Burst or Aoti.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    I honestly never took the "10 years" quote as something to be taken literally. And while we can't say anything until we see what the reception to NG ends up being(neither can Sega, it seems very unlikely to me that it will only be supported for a year.

Regardless, for all intents and purposes this is PSO3 in everything but name if you ask me. This looks nothing like Blue Burst or Aoti.
    I honestly gotta eat my words.
    I laughed at the 10 year commitment they set years back, but on hitting the 8/9 year mark, I'll give SEGA this one.

The "10 year plan" thing got extended by 5 years a while ago due to the game's popularity. Which is probably why NGS is even happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    You can buy digital XBL cards off Amazon for w/e the conversion rate is if you link an XBL account to your W10. If it's on Steam, I assume the same can be done with a digital Steam code as well
    Not buying the thing directly with my card, without leaving extra cash in the account because of rates or whatever, is still a pain, also paying more for what's cheaper doing it directly with pso2es (at least it was compared to buying webmoney).

Also Steam is very strict about switching regions, since they have some serious cheap prices in some regions, and don't want people switching there just to buy for cheap and then come back (like what people actually do in Xbox and Switch), I really doubt I would be able to access PSO2 in Steam unless it's officially launched in my region.

I'm just relieved that the 2 games (PSO 2 +PSO2 New Genesis) can be played with the same character.
    I was concerned that would be like PSU> Ambition of Illuminus on PS2 where if I upgraded my offline avatar to the new game
    the old game is just a paperweight. (unplayable).

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

So just a odd thought but if NG out lives PSO2, if the world is open and explorable, and if they add new planets and races with expansions/DLC, what would you guys and girls what to see out of it?

For me if they ever did another "Japan Planet" I wouldn't mind seeing a Tailed Beast Men race.Foxes, Raccoon, maybe even Monkeys. God knows Dragon Ball nerds would flip for Monkey Man. But really hit the folklore vibe. It would be nice.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.