Default Ranger/Gunner question:

Hello. So I am enjoying being a ranger. I got this assault rifle: https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Hyou_Tenka It's damage all depends on getting the enemies to have a status effect on them.

I read several sites that said you only need the status effect level 1 - so I put burn level 1 on this weapon. They said the higher level of status effects only add more time and slighty more damage. Now I want burn because it spreads so I can do more damage. Is this true? So far it doesn't look like I am getting a burn status effect on them but I am killing them pretty fast. - I also put the phrase chase on it which I may be regretting, what is the consensus on that ability?

This brings me to another question: how do I even get burn V on the weapon? It seems to max out at like %50 success rate for me when affixing. Even with 3 copies.

Thanks!

The statuseffect gimmick of the snowflower weapons isn't very useful since most normal enemies die too fast for status effects to be relevant, mini bosses are usually only susceptible to two specific status effects, not all of them. Full bosses might have effects from proc'ing the status effect, but they don't count for things like this potential. By the time status effects are relevant in any way (Basically Ultra Hard) the snowflower weapons will be VERY outdated.

The main thing these weapons are for is their hidden potential (which I don't think is available in NA), which buffs your damage and damage resistance significantly specifically in the solo Profound Darkness trigger (which is also not in NA yet).

The effects of different levels of status effects varies depending on the status effect, but I don't think the chance of applying burn changes much.

As for your last question:
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeZa45 View Post
    This brings me to another question: how do I even get burn V on the weapon? It seems to max out at like %50 success rate for me when affixing. Even with 3 copies.
    By being lucky. I think gemini soul can boost the rate and you can use a 30% or 40% booster from the excube shop, but it's not worth it for a status effect affix.

EDIT: For reference, the Quick Questions thread is generally where you would ask straight forward questions like this that aren't meant to start a long term discussion.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 28, 2020 at 09:13 PM.

both profound darkness and snow weapons hidden potential is there on NA but profound darkness XH dies in 5 minutes so idk what the point of that hidden potential

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    both profound darkness and snow weapons hidden potential is there on NA but profound darkness XH dies in 5 minutes so idk what the point of that hidden potential
    The hidden potential is for the SOLO profound darkness trigger, not the normal EQ. Also, NA doesn't have the buffed version of PD yet from what I've heard.

Ugh. Ok. Thank you. It sounded like a good idea at the time! So are you also saying that in general adding status effects to weapons is not very useful?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeZa45 View Post
    Ugh. Ok. Thank you. It sounded like a good idea at the time! So are you also saying that in general adding status effects to weapons is not very useful?
    Unfortunately. There are a few exceptions, like getting all-class tmgs and putting status effects on them to proc on certain bosses like Luther, but you typically just use those as tools, not main weapons, and it's more of a "just in case" for when you have no tech casting classes in the MPA.