Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MikonX View Post
    Well, Mr. Naka does work for Square-Enix now, and it's quite rude in Japanese culture (really all cultures?) to endorse the products of a competitor, so yeah I'm not surprised by that answer at all.
    I was considering this but it's still such a massive stretch to talk about alleged successors that are so different when the game has a number of true successors and a real sequel, lol.

He should have just not plugged other games at all and keep it purely on PSO1 as the only game mentioned by name and only talk about other online games in general without any specific titles.

I was really surprised reading Takao Miyoshi's interview in a couple points:

Burning Rangers being planned as an online coop game (I knew a multiplayer mode didn't make it into the launch, but never would have guessed it was planned to be online)
    Lutz being there, at the centre of the Ruins after who knows how much time, still sealing Falz. New flavors to that Uraending image with that new information...

Now that's what I'm talking about, no offense to mister Naka. Great questions, too!
    It's so interesting to hear how intertwined all the projects at Sega seemed to be at the time, or how the ambition of a single person was enough to make things happen. Of course everything was cheaper back then. Still, that really sounds like a different world compared to the impression I have of the Sega of today.

Also, it was funny that he got somewhat defensive about PSU... a bit sad, too. Whether we're talking about Sonic or Phantasy Star, it's hard to believe that many of the same people were still in charge after the Dreamcast era.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Lutz being there, at the centre of the Ruins after who knows how much time, still sealing Falz. New flavors to that Uraending image with that new information...
    Too bad their initial plans for classic lore with Lutz and Searren never arrived in the final development. This leads me to justify why PSO1 didn't use Algol planet names for the 3 seals, so Ragol doesn't have a direct connection with Algol.
    Last edited by LinkEP; Aug 3, 2020 at 03:31 PM.

The planets names are used, Rico just doesn't know how to pronounce them, why would she? it's a different alien civilisation, the fact they even sound similar is kind of a miracle, I don't think the ruins had any audio data to know the original. Hey, the planets even sound different from japanese to english, and from game to game because "localization" lol

The planets names are used, Rico just doesn't know how to pronounce them, why would she? it's a different alien civilisation, the fact they even sound similar is kind of a miracle, I don't think the ruins had any audio data to know the original. Hey, the planets even sound different from japanese to english, and from game to game because "localization" lol
    Oh they did? Where did you find the info that the names were used? I might have missed it because I haven't read all the books and I may have forgotten/unnoticed some in-game infos. Either way, that sounds plausible.

Do MUUT DITTS POUMN ring any bells to you? that's What Rico reads in every seal, then in the door to Ruins after Vol Opt.

Do MUUT DITTS POUMN ring any bells to you? that's What Rico reads in every seal, then in the door to Ruins after Vol Opt.
    Yeah but it could be some another civilization, just like Parum, Moatoob, and Neudaiz.

It certainly could, but Director san just confirmed the uraending picture was Lutz (or "a" Lutz, like Rune was), so that's one confirmation we have, maybe the plot changed, but they took that screenshot and added it in the game as a secret:

Here we see someone in white tunic (model seems to be the default GM, but in white), holding the Spycho Wand, in front of the pillar.

It could be someone from Gurhal, true, since gurhal had a Rutsu, too, but since PSU came later, I don't think that was the original intention.

It certainly could, but Director san just confirmed the uraending picture was Lutz (or "a" Lutz, like Rune was), so that's one confirmation we have, maybe the plot changed, but they took that screenshot and added it in the game as a secret
    Indeed, but he also said it was already cut since they can't get around with cutscenes and any more characters, so probably the screenshot is no longer relevant to the final story.

Here we see someone in white tunic (model seems to be the default GM, but in white), holding the Spycho Wand, in front of the pillar.

It could be someone from Gurhal, true, since gurhal had a Rutsu, too, but since PSU came later, I don't think that was the original intention.
    Well Emilia and Nagisa did arrive on Ragol via subspace travel.. so I guess Lutz from Gurhal can also go there? But his hair was black and not cyan, I have doubts on this.
    Last edited by LinkEP; Aug 4, 2020 at 05:28 AM.