Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    What I don't get is 7% votes on Mitra. Bwuh? Even Varuna the simp has at least some personality to him, but Mitra is just... there. Were these meme votes? Did people like her character design that much? It puzzles me.
    I thought Mitra's appearance looks cool, and her personality fits with her role. Her low-key/flat/robotic personality is like an empty canvas, she can paint whatever she wants to copy.

EDIT:
    I wish voting system will be account-based and one-time vote. It's not fair if someone can vote more than twice a day.

PSO2 was "ruined" by weeaboos (ep 3), highschool slice of life (ep 4) or isekai fantasy (ep 5).
    EP3's oriental civilization isn't terrible imo.
    EP5's dreamworld omega, while the theme is seemingly isekai fantasy, I guess they tried to emphasize dream and nightmare since they are part of Phantasy Star lore (e.g. Alisa, Laia the 3rd, and Eusis's nightmare). I think it's not really that bad, especially this is the first time for modern Phantasy Star to present the idea of dream.
    Last edited by LinkEP; Aug 25, 2020 at 02:41 PM.

Just gonna leave my opinion on the male characters

Luther-once again wins without doing anything lmao. I'm not sure what made him still rise to the top in EP6 popularity despite him just taking the backseat for the entirety of the EP6. It was understandable in EP3 and EP5 but here? Huh, I guess he just left that much of an impression in his past role it just overshadowed everyone....or everyone just wants to pair him with Shiva just for the sake of memes lol

Varuna-didnt really leave me much an impression in EP5, but his loyalty with Shiva and redemption at the end was a pretty nice touch. I just still dont get why he'd switch sides like that.

Kyokuya- an tryhard chunni edgelord, at least he's aware of it and having fun with it but it kinda ticks me off with how he treats Lucotte when she first introduce so I may have just a neutral stance on my opinion of him. Not bad guy, just constantly makes a bad impression for me.

Sadly I couldnt take the time vote for any of the characters, but if i could I'd vote for Regius for simply being a badass oldman and willingly to fight till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkEP View Post
    EP5's dreamworld omega, while the theme is seemingly isekai fantasy, I guess they tried to emphasize dream and nightmare since they are part of Phantasy Star lore (e.g. Alisa, Laia the 3rd, and Eusis's nightmare). I think it's not really that bad, especially this is the first time for modern Phantasy Star to present the idea of dream.
    Which they apparently ditched it completely because somehow game balancing rework took way too much of their time and resources and with how Alisa's reception among the fanbase they're too scared to explore any further and took the easy way out.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Aug 20, 2020 at 07:05 AM.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by LinkEP View Post
    EP3's oriental civilization isn't terrible imo.
    I was being sarcastic btw, hence the quotation marks.Personally I think Harkotan and its characters are the best parts of ep 3 and my problems with ep 5 have nothing to do with its setting - if anything it wasn't explored enough.
    Also ep 4 is pretty good and people who think it's "just highschool slice of life" or "PSO2 was a videogame all along and we escaped into the real world" clearly weren't paying attention to what's going on.

Early part of the game is pretty much a filter that stops most people(mostly gaijin i mean) from playing EP4's story(or end up hating it, like me lol).

Mother's part was pretty ok, then Ardem's part came and it felt kinda rushed(tho Ophiel getting his ass kicked by Phatlegs was gold). Phantom Angel's concept looks great kinda wish there was more.

Mother, Aratron, DIOphiel, Phaleg and Hagito are pretty well written characters Belthor has potential but got killed a few scenes after he got introduced.

Hitsugi is the least favourite main female protagonist in the game compared to Matoi and Harriet in the japan fanbase. Hell she didn't even get to top 10 lol. Funnily enough for me Enga is a better character than her imo lol.

EP4's weird pacing is what gripes me the most with dumb cliffhangers being the major guilt of that.
    test

The characters who consistently dominate the polls are both from ep 1/2, before PSO2 was "ruined" by weeaboos (ep 3), highschool slice of life (ep 4) or isekai fantasy (ep 5).
    Ep.3 is still fine by me, it fits decently well into the game, and is relevant for homeland players as a theme.

Ep.4+ however, feels like the game started having an identity crisis. By the end of 4, I was only paying attention to the main story, and by 5, I was just skipping the story all together. It just feels like chewing gum flavored in whatever popular trope they found relevant.

Phantasy Star already has plenty of lore behind, and I feel like its gone to waste.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Ep.4+ however, feels like the game started having an identity crisis. By the end of 4, I was only paying attention to the main story, and by 5, I was just skipping the story all together. It just feels like chewing gum flavored in whatever popular trope they found relevant.
    I find this funny if only because episode 5 tied into PSO2s overall story and lore a lot more than episode 4 did.

So why are Hunter and Hero the most popular(regular and advanced) classes? Isn't Fi or Ph just better?
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxDMC View Post
    "Expert" players have no lives in plain English because being good at a game is much more important then family and friends lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    So why are Hunter and Hero the most popular(regular and advanced) classes? Isn't Fi or Ph just better?
    People like big swords.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Most players don't care for the top meta build as long as whatever they play feels fun and powerful enough to play. GU and FI are great and have been some of the strongest classes for most of pso2's lifetime yet they're also the least popular ones, with only Techer (a pure support in a game without the tank-dps-healer trifecta) being less popular.

Also, the sword is a protagonist's default weapon. Doubly so for Hero where the class name itself yells "I am the main character here!"

A little surprised about Hunter being most used, but overall all main classes seem to have very low usage and are close to each other in general.

But Hero makes sense, as it still has the lowest skill floor of any class, while also having high DPS when playing properly. Only real downside is playing harder content with Hero Boost liability, but I guess both extremes of the playerbase find that irrelevant(for different reasons ofc ). That and swords

Sadly I am in the middle and went with a more forgiving Phantom, but I still use Hero for dailies/weeklies or anything that doesnt demand efficient play.