Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You guys realize the not-mesta thing is specifically for a currency being used in personal shops right?

"In the PSO2:NGS Personal Shop, an in-game currency specifically for PSO2:NGS, which is not “Meseta”, will be used for the transactions."

I have no idea why anyone read that and thought "they're replacing meseta entirely".

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    waiting to see how soon Luster gets added in considering we already know that the 6 main classes are already in just from the trailer
    We honestly don't, since it's entirely possible the weapon and class distribution is entirely different and has different mechanics. Unless they specifically stated which classes are going to be in the launch I'd say it's still up in the air. Especially since they barely showed any weapons anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    We honestly don't, since it's entirely possible the weapon and class distribution is entirely different and has different mechanics. Unless they specifically stated which classes are going to be in the launch I'd say it's still up in the air. Especially since they barely showed any weapons anyway.
    Hu, Ra, Fo & Fi were shown during the trailer, sort of safe to assume Gu and Te are there as well
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

You guys realize the not-mesta thing is specifically for a currency being used in personal shops right?

"In the PSO2:NGS Personal Shop, an in-game currency specifically for PSO2:NGS, which is not “Meseta”, will be used for the transactions."

I have no idea why anyone read that and thought "they're replacing meseta entirely".

If only player transactions use a different currency but all NPC things use meseta.... wait, is that even possible? and why? don't tell me we are going back to trading with Photon Spheres Ragol style.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    Hu, Ra, Fo & Fi were shown during the trailer, sort of safe to assume Gu and Te are there as well
    The trailers showed sword, rifle, rod and had brief moments where knuckles, twin machineguns and wand could be seen (and twin daggers in the CG part of the trailer), but, it's possible that the class system could be completely different than what we have in PSO2 currently, since the CG part of the trailer showed the main char switching from sword to rifle.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Well, what is the main purpose of meseta in PSO2? Granted, we've had games with meseta as a lesser currency for sure, but in a sense... doesn't sound like good news, if that's the case. Considering within three years chances are NGS(if successful enough) will be flooded with tokens and passes and whatnots, F2P style, having only one baseline currency would really help keep things together.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Cyclon; Aug 31, 2020 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Well, what is the main purpose of meseta in PSO2? Granted, we've had games with meseta as a lesser currency for sure, but in a sense... doesn't sound like good news, if that's the case. Considering within three years chances are NGS(if successful enough) will be flooded with tokens and passes and whatnots, F2P style, having only one baseline currency would really help keep things together.
    I've seen other games use a separate currency for player trading so that they can balance the player trading economy separately from npc based economies. I'm not really sure why it "doesn't sound like good news", I mean, it's not, but it's not bad news either. It's just news. It would also depend on what else the extra currency is used for though. I could easily see this being a situation like platinum vs credits in Warframe, but since PSO2/NGS already have AC and SG I doubt they'd use another premium currency for it.

I've seen other games use a separate currency for player trading so that they can balance the player trading economy separately from npc based economies. I'm not really sure why it "doesn't sound like good news", I mean, it's not, but it's not bad news either. It's just news. It would also depend on what else the extra currency is used for though. I could easily see this being a situation like platinum vs credits in Warframe, but since PSO2/NGS already have AC and SG I doubt they'd use another premium currency for it.
    It remains to be seen how NGS does things, but PSO2 does not really have an npc based economy in the first place. Reasonable affixing only costs so much in this day and age. I did get into why this is bad news in that previous message, it could bloat the game more than needed. To add to that, as someone who's played a bunch of F2P games, I know from experience that currencies only act as so many hoops, especially if you're not willing to throw real money at the game from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    It remains to be seen how NGS does things, but PSO2 does not really have an npc based economy in the first place. Reasonable affixing only costs so much in this day and age. I did get into why this is bad news in that previous message, it could bloat the game more than needed. To add to that, as someone who's played a bunch of F2P games, I know from experience that currencies only act as so many hoops, especially if you're not willing to throw real money at the game from time to time.
    I guess the main reason I disagree is because that happens in any long running game. You can't have a single currency in a long running game anyway because then you have to add new currencies due to the amount of inflation and hoarding between big updates adding new things to buy, which makes it harder for newer players to get started in terms of income. Having a separate currency for player shops means they can keep things stable and easier to keep track of when adding new stuff, while not overloading the player progression, and not letting people rush ahead by hoarding stuff. Pretty much every long running game, free or not does it.

GW2 has Karma and the map currencies, FFXIV has Tomestones, etc. Meseta being separate from a player shop currency isn't going to cause or prevent currency bloat in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    The trailers showed sword, rifle, rod and had brief moments where knuckles, twin machineguns and wand could be seen (and twin daggers in the CG part of the trailer), but, it's possible that the class system could be completely different than what we have in PSO2 currently, since the CG part of the trailer showed the main char switching from sword to rifle.
    i should probably have stated sooner to you two that I was already under that presumption that the classes/system COULD be different this time around so I can have you guys stop telling me this lol

what got me thinking though was a possible use of the portable game (Infinity) systems where you could use any class you want but it would cost more to use higher tier weapons of a non main class (Hunter main using Rod for example) along with something similar to class Skills and w/e for the sub class. Realistically do I expect Sega to do anything drastic to the class system? not really but I would want them to surprise by doing it though

As for the Meseta speculation, my bet is on Rappy Paper Bills (Different rappy breeds = different values for ea bill... or just Feathers instead), Photons (hard light) akin to Zelda's Rupee currency or boring "Credits" label. Ironically would laugh if they used FUN instead
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Aug 31, 2020 at 05:07 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I guess the main reason I disagree is because that happens in any long running game. You can't have a single currency in a long running game anyway because then you have to add new currencies due to the amount of inflation and hoarding between big updates adding new things to buy, which makes it harder for newer players to get started in terms of income.
    It's interesting, my read on this has always been that it was a way to limit active/P2W players rather than not leave beginners in the dust. I guess that doesn't really matter here, though.

Having a separate currency for player shops means they can keep things stable and easier to keep track of when adding new stuff, while not overloading the player progression, and not letting people rush ahead by hoarding stuff. Pretty much every long running game, free or not does it.

GW2 has Karma and the map currencies, FFXIV has Tomestones, etc. Meseta being separate from a player shop currency isn't going to cause or prevent currency bloat in the long term.
    Neither of these examples fit your description though, those are supplementary currencies and the primary one that you gather for the entire game is absolutely used for player shops. Which makes me wonder if I'm unclear on what we're talking about. Perhaps because I didn't really picture meseta as potentially supplementary, since to my knowledge that has never happened. Is that what you're suggesting?
    Last edited by Cyclon; Aug 31, 2020 at 06:05 PM.