Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

I think my issue with Deus was Gracia pugs that were generally abysmal with the death counter almost always maxing out and the quest failing. Even on expert. Ain't nobody got time for that.

damn shit wont drop my arm

great boss tho

fuck sodom because he fucks over elemental stance lmao

The quest is quite fun, I really liked it, I was hoping there would be a third phase and I'm glad I was correct
    The only bad thing is that the drops are really bad

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post

great boss tho

Break SD still works just fine but I get what you mean really. Bo stances are way too conditional for that fight.

So after several runs and understanding how it works, only phase I can enjoy fully is the 2nd. The 1st is thematically good and gameplay was good the first few times, but is basically a scripted quest to avoid OHKO and hitting a pinata, so is just tedious after a while. The 2nd phase I like because the boss isnt too hard, but isnt a pushover either. His random 1hko I would have expected to be annoying, but they make the battle less boring overall.

The 3rd phase is acceptable, but I am kinda biased(traumatized) because my first mpa didnt know about the rings and pushing boss back(which is fair, being 1st run and all). The mpa wasnt even bad afterall, as they did managed to DPS the phase faster than other smoother MPAs I had after, despite dying every 6 seconds due to white juice. Thematically is the best phase, but gameplay wise is kinda meh(better than 1st phase though)

Overall though, I dont like it very much. The quest takes too long(with 1/3 being super boring), which on itself isnt bad cause is only 1 run anyway and I dont multiship, but that also means dcing will make getting a clear much harder compared to shorter EQs. That coupled with the fact that drops are crap regardless of rank makes this one of my most disliked EQs. Still not as bad as Deus though

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    ..because my first mpa didnt know about the rings...
    What do you mean by "the rings"?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

last phase he has rings on each of his fingers. breaking them all stuns him and lets you beat on him, usually resulting in killing him and completing the mission. it's completely possible to not do this and kill him anyway, but the fight takes much longer this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    last phase he has rings on each of his fingers. breaking them all stuns him and lets you beat on him, usually resulting in killing him and completing the mission. it's completely possible to not do this and kill him anyway, but the fight takes much longer this way.
    I see, thanks.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I agree that the loot could've been a little better, but I did enjoy this fight. For an "end-of-episode" raid boss, I think they did a great job. Also had a nice "end of an era" feel to it, for what it's worth. I hope they put the same amount of care into these encounters in NGS.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post

great boss tho

Yeah, I noticed that Sodam has no elemental weakness in Phase 2. That sucked since I mostly use JBs. Never tried to see if Break Stance was worth using in that but man come on, couldn't have at least changed his elemental weakness per field change or something?

Also, total fun at the end where if you don't meet the DPS threshold, Sodam spams a OHKO shockwave over and over again until it dies. I enjoy the fight overall. It's fun and feels like a final boss but I do see people's argument of expecting more. Surprised the final phase didn't use the vocal version of "The Whole New World".
    Last edited by Suirano; Sep 4, 2020 at 02:26 PM.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』