Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    do you not play other RPGs or games in general where beating the last boss gives you the most OP weapon in the game? (excluding niche stuff that can make op weapons), its like asking why give this OP weapon to the player for beating the game? dont reward them for finishing. Especially if NG+ is a thing, let the player feel OP, thats the point

in this case with PSO2, its the final raid, massive power creep should be a given regardless if current content calls for it or not. theres still going to be new content to do, especially that new XQ which while doing with Stil, I'm sure most people would want to use Cras instead or Meta gear along with w/e other content people are working on (Endless, etc). people expect big power creeps from Raids like this, why put something thats only for example, 1-5% stronger than Stil out as a final goodbye raid? underwhelming for a series especially with how hard its time gated and currently only one being obtainable whereas Stil is basically obtainable any time (barring people who lack certain weapons for not playing the game or w/e reason they have)

I mean we could look at WoW gear, every expansion just destroys w/e current Meta gear thats out, its what gets the players working toward BiS stuff over and over but Sega decided against that and insisted on the Plus pots instead which personally, dont care but eventually let that gear die, stop buffing it consistently over time because its less incentive for people to bother with the newer gear when they can just not play because they know Sega will buff the old gear anyways
    Cras IS a massive power increase though. Sure it's not the "this weapon completely obliterates every other one" but it's still the highest creep for a BiS. Just it's not as noticeable due to the increase being in small increments in several instances rather than a "this number is that much bigger". Let's detail it

Cras with its base stat and base pot is actually on average about 0.5% weaker than Still at full power. Let's remember that Still pot is conditional here, Anyone that claims they never get hit and stay at full all the time probably don't play that much recent content, because as good as you are you still get hit at times, and even though Still regenerates quickly, the loss over time is actually very noticeable. So on a flat line Cras power should already be higher than Still. Then you have to factor the existence of S4, which is actually huge (most striking is Braver getting a literally free Skilled Balance, and Hero getting Calming, everyone else can get either Raising or some really good utility there).
    You then add the friggin 6% for 30 seconds which is on a 30 seconds recast btw. meaning it adds on average 3% to a weapon that's already a few % above Still played on a class that easily avoids damage (reminder that every class aside Hero usually requires some form of facetanking in a lot of situations for DPS upkeep so the average may vary)

All in all it's an increase of 5-6% on average (not even accounting for Stil variance) (special mention for Braver utterly dunking that and getting a free +10%). Even Austere and Gix jumps weren't nearly as drastic and those were the biggest creeps the game saw.

As for the outdated gear thing, I think this formula suits PSO2 better, due to the combination of having several weapons per class and the game making it very easy, even encouraging playing at least a few different classes. With the limited supply of stones and considering a lot of them were tied to limited campaigns (exception is Stil but it takes 2 month per Stil so lol). This formula lets new player at least get one class with all 3 weapons being slotted with something ok (getting at least Atra EX and Lib while waiting for Stil) and not have one weapon that's godly and the rest trash, and lets older players get Liberate as the lowest power on their weapons in the case they play several classes.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Sep 7, 2020 at 06:06 AM.

Wait, some people actually have a Cane weapon, how? Even you multi-ship, this boss raid is so long that you don't have time to play it more than 2 times and we haven't gotten 25 raids yet.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I assume people did normal like 4--5 times in different ships, then UH in their last run for the stones. You get like 100 from titles, so you dont need that many from clears.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    I assume people did normal like 4--5 times in different ships, then UH in their last run for the stones. You get like 100 from titles, so you dont need that many from clears.
    Oh that makes sense.
    Spoiler!

Well, only need to play that quest 36 more times now -_-

Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The comparison to WoW feels kinda moot though, WoW (and most mmos of that style) typically don't have unique effects on equipment. They're pure stat sticks, which isn't the case in PSO2.
    What you said about WoW is false. A lot pieces of equipment in WoW are simply stat sticks, but not all of it. Iin many cases, the set bonuses on tier gear would have a strong unique effect. Some of them were strong enough to affect optimal attack/spell rotations. Most legendaries, some epics, and many trinkets had effects strong enough to affect how you played as well.

I realize that I risk hijacking the discussion, but I don't think I can let what you said about WoW pass.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    What you said about WoW is false. A lot pieces of equipment in WoW are simply stat sticks, but not all of it. Iin many cases, the set bonuses on tier gear would have a strong unique effect. Some of them were strong enough to affect optimal attack/spell rotations. Most legendaries, some epics, and many trinkets had effects strong enough to affect how you played as well.

I realize that I risk hijacking the discussion, but I don't think I can let what you said about WoW pass.
    Are they actually functionally different or just give you enough stats to do things that wouldn't normally be advised? I was mainly talking about in comparison to stuff like spread needle and the s5, where it adds an entirely new mechanic that doesn't otherwise exist.
    That's not to say I don't believe you, I just wanted to be sure we're talking about the same things.

EDIT: That said, my main point was that trying to have vertical progression and horizontal progression at the same time doesn't work as well if the vertical progression is too high but also tied to the horizontal progression. It works a lot better if the mechanics are separate, which is why I like SSAs so much.

I admit most of my perspective on gear treadmill mmos comes from XIV which is probably a LOT stricter about gear progression than WoW is.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 9, 2020 at 10:59 PM.

Not really important but it is possible to get all 3 buffs in the same run. Takes some dedication to break just the fingers though. Really easy to do it with PAs that can hit multiple enemies.

I can confirm this as well since last night. Started off with Matoi's Prayer, then halfway through we got Harriet's Divinity, then Hitsugi's Ambition came quickly afterwards. Made for a good finale. Its also the first time I ever heard Hitsugi have a line for the final stretch.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Almost a month since this has come out, done roughly a little over 100 runs (I stopped waking up for runs after I got my stone), this EQ is still fun to me but what I don't find fun is still no unit drops. It's unreal how much worse it was compared to when I ran Persona over 330+ times just to get a full set which seems like it may be the same case here for me again. idk how grindy that exchange shop is going to be but i'm forced to wait on it just to use my new affixed gear thats sitting in storage atm.

my only beef is with pugs (as usual) picking Matoi's useless stat buff over Hitsugi's impalement hold or even Harietts sniper shot. We could be getting the run done quicker if people would just pick Hitsugi instead of waifu choice everytime but thats just pugs like 70% of the time (some people have picked up on the better choice).

anyways, still 0 units, 0 puras and 0 ayer drops, hell even 0 rainbow drops 20% of the time
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers