Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

I don't see any need for significant power creep, since, unless NGS flops, the game probably isn't going to get anything that would need it anyway.
    I'm not sure what you mean by losing pp reduction and healing though, the Cras weapons have s1-5 and still have the Ayer pot effects. You can easily fit some healing into one of the SSA slots, and you always get the 20% pp cost reduction/20 pp every 10 seconds. The 3 normal attacks are just for the extra damage, super armor, and damage reduction, but even without those, the weapons are still good.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 6, 2020 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I don't see any need for significant power creep, since, unless NGS flops, the game probably isn't going to get anything that would need it anyway.
    its literally the last raid of the game, there SHOULD BE massive power creep compared to Stil series. Theres no reason this should only be marginally better than Stil weapons either.

and lately I've been reading a lot of people dont like the way Cras pot works and apparently in some weapons, Stil beats it but the difference isnt too significant? idk but with the amount of complaining people are doing, they'll likely buff the pot in some way. I dont have the weapon yet so I cant actually say anything about this myself (only like half way there for my space rock)

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    They should really buff the rewards, even if its just junk 13/14* weapons for cubing or desynths. I remember Armada giving more 13* than this, though I guess that was also longer overall. At this point I dont even care about an Ayer dropping, I just want the units but they are as rare as always. Wiki says that units will be added later in an exchange, but not sure where they got that info and if its reliable or not. Hoping is true though
    Agreed

and ya I read the same thing about the units being added later on, when? no clue, no one knows, probably when NGS is out and no one cares about PSO2 anymore lol
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Sep 6, 2020 at 10:32 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The way I understood it is that if you trigger the 3 attacks buff, you replace the whole base pot for the new one, so PP reduction and PP healing is gone during those 30 seconds. So you would get around 6% damage extra, damage reduction and super armor, but lose the PP benefits.

If the PP part does stack at least which is what I was expecting originally, then yeah, it would be an insane pot. But at least from the translated moonspeak in the wiki, it seems there is no stacking. For classes that dont use normals(or ranger) the boost is quite small for the trade off. Is not a bad pot at all, I just think is disappointing for the final series.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    its literally the last raid of the game, there SHOULD BE massive power creep compared to Stil series. Theres no reason this should only be marginally better than Stil weapons either.
    But why? To do what with?

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    The way I understood it is that if you trigger the 3 attacks buff, you replace the whole base pot for the new one, so PP reduction and PP healing is gone during those 30 seconds. So you would get around 6% damage extra, damage reduction and super armor, but lose the PP benefits.

If the PP part does stack at least which is what I was expecting originally, then yeah, it would be an insane pot. But at least from the translated moonspeak in the wiki, it seems there is no stacking. For classes that dont use normals(or ranger) the boost is quite small for the trade off. Is not a bad pot at all, I just think is disappointing for the final series.
    I just checked the wiki, they do mention that the other pot effect is lost. Which is honestly really lame. :I
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 6, 2020 at 10:57 PM.

But why? To do what with?
    do you not play other RPGs or games in general where beating the last boss gives you the most OP weapon in the game? (excluding niche stuff that can make op weapons), its like asking why give this OP weapon to the player for beating the game? dont reward them for finishing. Especially if NG+ is a thing, let the player feel OP, thats the point

in this case with PSO2, its the final raid, massive power creep should be a given regardless if current content calls for it or not. theres still going to be new content to do, especially that new XQ which while doing with Stil, I'm sure most people would want to use Cras instead or Meta gear along with w/e other content people are working on (Endless, etc). people expect big power creeps from Raids like this, why put something thats only for example, 1-5% stronger than Stil out as a final goodbye raid? underwhelming for a series especially with how hard its time gated and currently only one being obtainable whereas Stil is basically obtainable any time (barring people who lack certain weapons for not playing the game or w/e reason they have)

I mean we could look at WoW gear, every expansion just destroys w/e current Meta gear thats out, its what gets the players working toward BiS stuff over and over but Sega decided against that and insisted on the Plus pots instead which personally, dont care but eventually let that gear die, stop buffing it consistently over time because its less incentive for people to bother with the newer gear when they can just not play because they know Sega will buff the old gear anyways
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Sep 6, 2020 at 11:12 PM.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

do you not play other RPGs or games in general where beating the last boss gives you the most OP weapon in the game? (excluding niche stuff that can make op weapons), its like asking why give this OP weapon to the player for beating the game? dont reward them for finishing. Especially if NG+ is a thing, let the player feel OP, thats the point

in this case with PSO2, its the final raid, massive power creep should be a given regardless if current content calls for it or not. theres still going to be new content to do, especially that new XQ which while doing with Stil, I'm sure most people would want to use Cras instead or Meta gear along with w/e other content people are working on (Endless, etc). people expect big power creeps from Raids like this, why put something thats only for example, 1-5% stronger than Stil out as a final goodbye raid? underwhelming for a series especially with how hard its time gated and currently only one being obtainable whereas Stil is basically obtainable any time (barring people who lack certain weapons for not playing the game or w/e reason they have)

I mean we could look at WoW gear, every expansion just destroys w/e current Meta gear thats out, its what gets the players working toward BiS stuff over and over but Sega decided against that and insisted on the Plus pots instead which personally, dont care but eventually let that gear die, stop buffing it consistently over time because its less incentive for people to bother with the newer gear when they can just not play because they know Sega will buff the old gear anyways
    I guess I've just never really seen the appeal of just raw power, over utility. Making my numbers really big doesn't make me feel as "OP" as letting me do things I couldn't do before. I'm not happy with the pot either, but not because it doesn't blow Stil out of the water or anything.
    The idea of a weapon that gives you super armor, pp costs reductions, pp regeneration, all 5 weapon SSA slots, and has good stats is way more interesting to me than if it just made my damage waaaaaaay higher or something. My only complaints are that both parts of the pot aren't active at once, and it doesn't synergize well with certain classes.
    I wouldn't complain if they were crazy strong or anything, I just don't see why it's "disappointing" that they're not.
    The comparison to WoW feels kinda moot though, WoW (and most mmos of that style) typically don't have unique effects on equipment. They're pure stat sticks, which isn't the case in PSO2. I personally feel that games like PSO2 benefit more from focusing on differences in type rather than differences in scale, and raw power creep really takes away from that.

TL;DR: I think a weapon that does almost every basic utility thing is more interesting as a final weapon for PSO2's design than having a huge raw power gap.

I guess I've just never really seen the appeal of just raw power, over utility. Making my numbers really big doesn't make me feel as "OP" as letting me do things I couldn't do before. I'm not happy with the pot either, but not because it doesn't blow Stil out of the water or anything.
    The idea of a weapon that gives you super armor, pp costs reductions, pp regeneration, all 5 weapon SSA slots, and has good stats is way more interesting to me than if it just made my damage waaaaaaay higher or something. My only complaints are that both parts of the pot aren't active at once, and it doesn't synergize well with certain classes.
    I wouldn't complain if they were crazy strong or anything, I just don't see why it's "disappointing" that they're not.
    The comparison to WoW feels kinda moot though, WoW (and most mmos of that style) typically don't have unique effects on equipment. They're pure stat sticks, which isn't the case in PSO2. I personally feel that games like PSO2 benefit more from focusing on differences in type rather than differences in scale, and raw power creep really takes away from that.

TL;DR: I think a weapon that does almost every basic utility thing is more interesting as a final weapon for PSO2's design than having a huge raw power gap.
    i agree with your utility view and after knowing that we dont get to have those utilities on all at once is kinda dumb, i absolutely want all this on the weapon, S1-5 etc but i also want a good power jump on top of it all, not something minor to the series before it.
    PSO2 NGS

i agree with your utility view and after knowing that we dont get to have those utilities on all at once is kinda dumb, i absolutely want all this on the weapon, S1-5 etc but i also want a good power jump on top of it all, not something minor to the series before it.
    Well, at the end of the day, I only disagree, I don't really think you're wrong for wanting that, so I don't really have a position to stand on.

I mean the new weapons are really strong. People are saying with their raw stats alone they are 3% stronger than stil. And that's in their DORMANT state. Plus...with the DQ update it's quite possible the stil will get another buff or another weapon stage entirely. This new weapon is just the new liberate.

My only complaint with the EQ is the miscellaneous drops that aren't a rainbow drop are so terrible. If you get lucky enough to get a puras or one of the new weapons or units then it feels great, but if not you can't even look forward to cubes or deynth/grind fodder or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

You do get cubes, they drop raw, it's just not noticeable if you have autopickup and material storage. I got like 40 from a run, and a few class cubes too I think, but that's still not really a huge selling point.