Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO2 New Genesis on Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online

Where to watch

Hosts
    • Nasu Nakanishi, duo of comedians (Nakanishi Shigeki and Nasu Akiyuki)

Topics
    • New informations and gameplay of Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
    Last edited by Maulcun; Sep 25, 2020 at 06:54 AM.

Oh yes! finally some more info with New Genesis

Please introduce race change. Fingers crossed. I don't care if i have to pay (most likely would be paid service anyway) It's one thing i have wanted for years. I think there would a lot more race variety if it did exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Saryn_storm View Post
    Please introduce race change. Fingers crossed. I don't care if i have to pay (most likely would be paid service anyway) It's one thing i have wanted for years. I think there would a lot more race variety if it did exist.
    and i want PSO2NG character appearance in diferent files , for example , i have a character who is an ice boy in PSO2 vanilla , but in NG i want him to be grow up

Things I like about the new gameplay:

- No more Perfect Attacks

- The Lobby is now on the planet instead of in the Ships

- Seamless transition between the Lobby and world i.e. Warframe Plains of Eidolon, Xenoblade X, etc.

- NO MORE LOADING SCREENS between sections of the map i.e. Monster Hunter World. Good riddance to that.

- No more Monomates to buy in the shop, replaced by "Resta Signs" that can only be picked up while exploring which I think is a design choice for the raids. Also, healing yourself will NOT STOP YOUR MOVEMENT!

- Max player count in an instance is reduced to 8-man

- Damage numbers have a more simple-looking font.

EDIT: Also, I dig the Elemental Damage Reaction mechanic where enemies could be immobilized or have certain attacks disabled after hitting them with their elemental weakness.
    Last edited by loafhero; Sep 25, 2020 at 10:03 AM.

M'kay.
    So, opinions:

- Open world:
    Looked neat, ngl I spent a lot of time looking at the previous trailers so things felt... familiar. Monster Hunter style gathering is a bit meh, but then again gathering in PSO2 didn't exactly kill the game. I think it's fine.
    Otherwise, seems like we'll be running around a lot, maybe too much actually. We can wall jump, though! That's cool.

- Just attacks are gone:
    I think this was a mistake. Timing has always been a huge part of PSO, it keeps your brain active in combat and is inherently satisfying to master. I really, really hope there's a replacement.

- Five steps combo for melee, no combo for ranger and force:

Similarly, I've played too many games where you constantly have to go through the same basic attacks in the same order for several seconds to reach the one you wanted in the first place, and it just sucks every time. It's just repetitive and boring, and this plus the disappearance of JAs makes me genuinely question if I'll enjoy melee this time around. Honestly, three steps was the perfect sweetspot imo.
    At least we can still use PAs at any point, thankfully.
    The other two not having combos I think is fine. Rifle was already that way, and rod normals have always been for PP as far as I can remember.

"Just distance" for Ranger:
    Not the official name. An interesting concept? Hopefully enemies will be a bit more mobile than in the showcase to keep things interesting, because you're very safe at that distance. Giving them a good weapon action was nice, dive roll always sucked.

Technic charging now completely modifies the tech:
    So I've been a bit negative thus far, but I'm really psyched about this; it's straight up the system from PSZero, which I've been saying for years that they should go back to. Uncharged techs were just a waste of space in PSO2 outside of very specific builds, and that was a complete shame, on top of making Force gameplay a bit too slow paced and repetitive for my liking(until Phantom happened).
    Even though Sword Hu had sleek new animations, Fo might be my go-to this time around, just because of this.

Overall, horrid translation aside(and I'm not blaming the translators, it's a very tough job and the hosts kept talking over each other), we were ultimately shown a lot of gameplay, so that's a win for me. While I don't agree with all the changes, at the very least they've clearly shown us that New Genesis is a new game, I don't think there's any doubt anymore.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Sep 25, 2020 at 09:16 AM.

i like the changes but there is 1 thing i dont want to see and its PVP on freeroam , why ?

i remember in Tera on the very first area after the tutorial there was max level players who for just being A$%^%Es they killed every rookie around .

the funny thing is i remember i was a healer and along with 4 friends we struggle just for kill one of those bastards , then i revive him and we killed him again XD

Sword counterattack looked satisfying.

Hmm. I would like to see a way to play NG a bit more solo. Kinda like what you can do with current PSO2, where you can block off others from joining with a password.

Additionally, mobs in general seem somewhat less reactive to player damage, which to me was one of the better points of PSO2 when compared to MMOs. Now they just look like they have a single flinch animation, that flinches in no particular direction.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    EDIT: Also, I dig the Elemental Damage Reaction mechanic where enemies could be immobilized or have certain attacks disabled after hitting them with their elemental weakness.
    This is not a new mechanic, PSO2 already has this for enemies and bosses. Fire for the banthers, ice for meduna, and such.