Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    It didn't occur to me before that Sega could allow us to level above 100, but simply stop giving us a skill point per level after lv100. That would avoid the skill tree problems. It would be kind of lame, though, and I still think they won't bother.
    Maybe they could convert the remaining 10 point skills to 5, allowing classes to fill out most if not all of their of their tree.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    or give more uses to dark blask EXP because im sure Sega are not going to give more levels to the skills so why not allow us to use the EXP we can spare to the levels of a current char .

i mean up to this point we surely have hundreds of million exp on each form
    That's a separate issue. Besides, dark blast already scales up automatically when you level up.

Edit: Maybe there is something to what you said. As is, players are out-scaling their dark blasts. It might be nice if dark blasts were a boost again.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Maybe they could convert the remaining 10 point skills to 5, allowing classes to fill out most if not all of their of their tree.
    That's the opposite of what I was talking about two posts ago. If they make it so you have enough points to fill the entire tree or most of it, then the skill tree doesn't present any real choices and loses its meaning. That would also be the end of Sega selling extra trees and tree resets lol.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Nov 18, 2020 at 06:48 PM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    That's the opposite of what I was talking about two posts ago. If they make it so you have enough points to fill the entire tree or most of it, then the skill tree doesn't present any real choices and loses its meaning. That would also be the end of Sega selling extra trees and tree resets lol.
    I would prefer that.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Agreed. In some cases it's pretty annoying that you can't combine some skills but have to choose between them (or get all of them but skip the most important class skills which is generally not an option) but overall limiting sp to a good amount that allows for nice builds but forces you to plan is a LOT more fun than just getting enough SP to buy all possible skills . Once you reach max lvl, which we are at now and getting to the new lvl cap never takes long, this is exactly the same as having no skill trees or anything like it but simply learned fixed skills while leveling up without being able to change anything at all.

You cannot create your own fun build but you just play x class with the same as everyone else, meaning no customization whatsoever. We need more skills and tbh all it takes is generic buff damage by x% or def/HP by y% or maybe add a basic restriction like when using JA or hitting a weakness or something, nothing that requires SEGA to make an effort and add new class mechanics.

I think Sega probably intended for lvl 200 to be max, they just didn't plan things out all the way until then but only until lvl 100 and then play it by ear until 100, adding some content here and there when not too busy with NGS.

Hell, just with PSO2 and NGS being connected but yet separate games Sega can add a whole bunch of campaigns to get people to play, do x in PSO2 to get Y in NGS and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    I think Sega probably intended for lvl 200 to be max, they just didn't plan things out all the way until then but only until lvl 100 and then play it by ear until 100, adding some content here and there when not too busy with NGS.

Hell, just with PSO2 and NGS being connected but yet separate games Sega can add a whole bunch of campaigns to get people to play, do x in PSO2 to get Y in NGS and vice versa.
    Unfortunately I doubt that was the case cause 100 was the hardcoded cap in the game since launch, hardcoded similar to how you can't go past 15 stars in the UI without a major UI overhaul and how you can only equip one camo because it's a hidden weapon palette slot they can't expand without it being a buggy mess lol

I'd say it's more likely they played level caps as they went and are only bumping to 100 to end on that final cap rather than any deep planning on progression.

NGS HAD to have come out now cause they literally hit most if not all their hardcoded limits they can't get around anymore.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

lol
    We got some major updates in the past, hardcoded or not and Sega will lose literally hundreds of millions of yen of profit if just end PSO2 at lvl 100.

Their programmers might be trash but no one but they know how hard it is to change the lvl cap or add more weapon camos cause no one besides them knows the actual code.
    Also using any kind of modern IDE means you can keep track of a lot of stuff easily so even changes to hardcoded values are easy.

lol
    We got some major updates in the past, hardcoded or not and Sega will lose literally hundreds of millions of yen of profit if just end PSO2 at lvl 100.

Their programmers might be trash but no one but they know how hard it is to change the lvl cap or add more weapon camos cause no one besides them knows the actual code.
    Also using any kind of modern IDE means you can keep track of a lot of stuff easily so even changes to hardcoded values are easy.
    For the record, the camo one was admitted by the PSO2 team, and the rarity one is impossible to circumvent without a complete overhaul which is why NGS is necessary, they're continuing past what PSO2 is at by making an entirely new game lmfao

Like, did you play PSU? back in the day there was a joke, "Segac", for a reason, Sega can be that weirdly incompetent in some areas.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Agreed. In some cases it's pretty annoying that you can't combine some skills but have to choose between them (or get all of them but skip the most important class skills which is generally not an option) but overall limiting sp to a good amount that allows for nice builds but forces you to plan is a LOT more fun than just getting enough SP to buy all possible skills . Once you reach max lvl, which we are at now and getting to the new lvl cap never takes long, this is exactly the same as having no skill trees or anything like it but simply learned fixed skills while leveling up without being able to change anything at all.
    While I agree with the general principle 100%, to be fair, the extent of our individual creativity has been restricted to how many points we put in S-Atk 2 for a pretty long time by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Unfortunately I doubt that was the case cause 100 was the hardcoded cap in the game since launch, hardcoded similar to how you can't go past 15 stars in the UI without a major UI overhaul and how you can only equip one camo because it's a hidden weapon palette slot they can't expand without it being a buggy mess lol

I'd say it's more likely they played level caps as they went and are only bumping to 100 to end on that final cap rather than any deep planning on progression.

NGS HAD to have come out now cause they literally hit most if not all their hardcoded limits they can't get around anymore.
    I really doubt that the level cap is anything more than a constant or a configuration value in the code. It looks like the stats granted by each level is simply determined by formulas (that is the impression I get from SWiki). They may have to decide what they want to do with the experience requirements curve, like how they widened it at lv75.

Given that, I am not sure what parts of the system increasing the level cap would break. Regarding the UI examples you mentioned, I don't see where the level cap would be a problem in the UI.

If they push the level cap too far, then all of the PSO2 content would be trivialized, though. They might need add more difficulty levels, which could take some real planning IMO. They haven't even finished adding the UH difficulty to all of the EQs yet.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

anyone have a data mine on the EXP needed for level 100 ?