Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Something that always bothered me about Xiera *Ep 5 spoilers only*

I haven't seen any of the ep 6 story yet (keep forgetting to check it out).

Xiera is so very inefficient and her existence makes little sense. Her role is that of a machine but she was given a full human personality (and a sweet one at that) and she is neither here nor there.

She is an ai in a robot body that was created to love doing her job but on the other hand she also likes spending time with other things (as evidenced by the handful scenes of her outside the bridge) and considering ARKS technology and Xiao being himself the Akashic Record this is just plain stupid.

Why did Xiao not just create a non sentient ai running the ship or why did he not make Xiera like a Culture Mind, running the ship but having needing so few of her resources she can easily run an avatar at the same time or make her a Highcast like this but only needing to occasionally sit down to work like when defending the Ship during mother's attack in ep 4 and being able to do all the routine work from anywhere inside the ship at least, pretty sure ARKS wifi is up to the task.

Because as it stands Xiera is basically a slave who loves doing her job but also likes doing other things yet virtually never the ability to do anything other than work.

Someone should seriously talk to Xiao about legal working hours or something.

what i personally think its : Xiera its like ultron , as far i know all cityships have Xiera units in the bridge.

also in any moment you dont see her talking to other units , why ? because its probably because she its onmipotent between all Xiera units like Ultron is with his minions.

if they ever adapt EP4 to 6 in an anime just imagine Xiera have a death scene and suddenly we see another unit, new like nothing happen .

Xiera : dont worry, what the bad guys did was just destroy an extension of my self

or in EP5 everytime she came back from Omega
    Xiera: (synchronize with her extensions) so that what i missed and what i lived out there

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

I believe the reason Xiera has a mind is so that she can make decisions based on human morals so that in a crisis she can make decisions that are based on more than logic. She is also pretty much Xiao's Kid which is where her enjoyment of her job comes from. Xiao do seems to take over more and more considering we see Xiera off the bridge more often, probably to make sure she gets free time. I do think the Xiera's are individuals though considering when she asked for "upgrades" she clarified that all her sister units agreed which she wouldn't need to if she was a kind of hive mind.
    ... I do wonder from who of her "Personality donors" her other hobbies come from ... I mean she's supposed to be based on Ulc and Xiao so from who of the two did she get her peeping tom habit?

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    I believe the reason Xiera has a mind is so that she can make decisions based on human morals so that in a crisis she can make decisions that are based on more than logic. She is also pretty much Xiao's Kid which is where her enjoyment of her job comes from. Xiao do seems to take over more and more considering we see Xiera off the bridge more often, probably to make sure she gets free time. I do think the Xiera's are individuals though considering when she asked for "upgrades" she clarified that all her sister units agreed which she wouldn't need to if she was a kind of hive mind.
    ... I do wonder from who of her "Personality donors" her other hobbies come from ... I mean she's supposed to be based on Ulc and Xiao so from who of the two did she get her peeping tom habit?
    if Xiera does not have a hive mind then Sega was just lazy at shown Xiera talking to other units briefly , like we see another Xiera with a different haircut or different hair color , hell even a darkskin version of her .

all of them voiced by the same actress, if EP4 to 6 ever gets adapted to an anime: we need to see that

and i bet 1 month of premium that Sega watch me because there have been some stuff that i predicted unintentionally :/

Remember Japanese naming conventions, Xiera is likely intended to be the family name for her and her sisters and that their given names are probably serial numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    Remember Japanese naming conventions, Xiera is likely intended to be the family name for her and her sisters and that their given names are probably serial numbers.
    That kinda makes sense, of note is that High Cast differ from cast is ... that they are actual Robots built from scratch and she even says she is part of the "Xiera" line. It might be like Klarisklays who now has a name (which they took from her serial number) but still goes by Klarisklays because that's who she is for now.
    And to be honest I actually expect all Xiera units to look mostly the same, if only because Xiera actually complained that her body's "Size" is a cost saving measure for mass production to her endless chargrin. They might change hair or add an accesory or Two but otherwise they are probably limited ... we should gift that girl a Salon Pass and maybe a color change one too.

And yeah I agree we need a "Meeting of the Xiera's". There is no way this wouldn't be absolute hilarity.

I always assumed Xiera is similar to how Lou from PSU was. A mass produced unit that is interconnected to each other in a massive network and they all have the same memories, personality, appearance, but still have an awareness of each one is their own individual with their own experiences which they register as their own but the others are just aware of it (The scene where Lou says that the Lou the player met was a different Lou but she still seems to know the pc well enough comes to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Her personality is just based on Ulc, though but not simply Ulc or Xiao so it must have been tweaked. In a good way because Ulc is likable and all but also pretty bland compared to Xiera.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    if Xiera does not have a hive mind then Sega was just lazy at shown Xiera talking to other units briefly , like we see another Xiera with a different haircut or different hair color , hell even a darkskin version of her .

all of them voiced by the same actress, if EP4 to 6 ever gets adapted to an anime: we need to see that

and i bet 1 month of premium that Sega watch me because there have been some stuff that i predicted unintentionally :/
    PSO2 is sadly no hard sci fi but science fantasy. If it was Xiera would be like a Culture Mind using avatars.

Anyway the main point of the thread is that Xiera enjoys time off but Xiao is not allowing her any free time except the one time we saw at the end of Ep 5 (or ep 4?).

True, let's get back to topic. I recently rewatched the scenes and I think the reason was that originally before Xiao came back there was nothing that could replace her in managing the arks ship though dialog implies she can pretty much do so unconsciously as long as she's on the bridge unless something serious is happening. So she could spend time doing other stuff but was still stuck on the bridge. In Ep5 Xiao comes back and can take over and we had multiple scenes with her off the bridge now so I guess it was not just an one time thing. But yeah I think they need a work around for that so that poor girl doesn't have to work 24/7 if Xiao isnt there. Or maybe have 2 Xiera Units per ship so they can work in shifts.

I imagine that managing something as complex as a spaceship requires a lot of subjectivity for decision making, something an AI could have trouble doing, so it makes sense making a high cast with the right tools there to assist her.