Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    But then chances are that if your perception is the one that reaches their ears, they just won't try it out at all. That's not really a win.
    I mean yes for we the community that's potentially less drama to deal with, but outside of that, less players is rarely a good thing.
    So you want us to lie.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    So you want us to lie.
    Not really, just saying that keeping expectations low isn't some magical solution, especially not when it comes to other people, about a future multiplayer game. But you're free to do it anyway afaic.

    Besides, it's not like I'm advocating for everyone to share the message that this is 100% going to be the greatest game ever. Just, in the context of your stance on what qualifies or doesn't qualify as a sequel(which I'm willing to affirm isn't universal), no, I don't think you've got some cherry on top when it comes to managing expectations. That's all.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Dec 23, 2020 at 06:57 AM.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think people who are coming into NGS for a new game experience from PSO2 are going to be disappointed and people shouldn't encourage this idea. If they are fine knowing this is just an upgraded PSO2 then it wont be an issue.
    If the differences between PSO2 and NGS were something like a new episode + the graphical upgrade, I would agree with that, but, while NGS shares some features with PSO2, the refinements to those features plus the new ones are pretty much a new game experience.

    On another note, other than outdated graphics, one thing I often see being mentioned that turns off new players from PSO2 at the beginning is how clunky it is early on (a result of content that has been abandoned/failed experiments throughout the years), NGS being a fresh start despite being bundled with PSO2 should fix that at least.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I know I'm not. There are many things I still don't know and I still have a long way to go because I haven't been able to play all that much lately. So unless you want to be a decent person and help in some way. Get off my back, I seriously don't need any nagging right now.
    I won't be helping you for obvious reasons so I'm just going to watch the show from the sidelines

    Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    On the topic of JA, this isn't the first time a mechanic was removed from a game. PSO has "JA" in a sense, you needed to time your hits to continue the combo, which was later removed in PSU and you could spam freely
    uhh as far as I remember, JA wasn't in PSU until AOTI happened and continued from there. I don't remember them ever removing it from JP side either considering JA's mattered in PSU once they became a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I think now with PSO2 is the perfect time to do it again, in PSU's case the gameplay didn't have enough to keep it engaging at times, something like JA was needed, but with the speed and multiple gimmicks and mechanics we have in PSO2, JA is ultimately obsoleted in it's purpose.
    JA has never obsoleted itself in PSO2 despite everything thats happened to the game so far, wtf are you even talking about? we have class skills where you NEED to JA or you lose out on its benefits which can be a good chunk of DPS compared to someone who is just not doing JA's at all


    okay outside JA rants, my other beef with this game is it better get some new weapon types. I dont feel like its good to play NGS and we're all just basically playing successor class upgrades to the already existing ones, ya its cool theyre more refined but new weapons, classes etc, we need them. not just some costume put over PSO2 named NGS because I mean, we'd really wouldnt be doing all that much different compared to what we do now in PSO2 with the exception of starting over in an open world game

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  5. #65

    Default

    I just want to point out that, yes, this is obviously PSO3 in all but name. They're just keeping the tie to PSO2 (and the absolutely bizarre avatar cross-compatibility) because they have a ton of legacy stuff they want to continue to cash in on.

    Gameplay-wise, graphically, story-wise, it is a sequel. I have no idea why anyone would ever bother arguing otherwise. What a mind-boggling argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 and not pay much attention to PSO for a while, but one thing I can already say: there still no numbers on sliders in Character creation menu. Total disappointment.
    Is this actually an issue when you can just export and import characters? Not that I disagree, since more precision is always better than less, but it still strikes me as an odd thing to get hung up on.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    JA has never obsoleted itself in PSO2 despite everything thats happened to the game so far, wtf are you even talking about? we have class skills where you NEED to JA or you lose out on its benefits which can be a good chunk of DPS compared to someone who is just not doing JA's at all
    Zysets is not saying that JAs are obsolete from a damage/DPS point of view, they're obsolete from a gameplay point of view.
    In my opinion they don't really add all that much to the experience and may even get in the way during chaotic situations (12 players content with alot of visual noise and noisy sound effects), situations where we can't even get visual or sound confirmation that the JAs were successful.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    okay outside JA rants, my other beef with this game is it better get some new weapon types. I dont feel like its good to play NGS and we're all just basically playing successor class upgrades to the already existing ones, ya its cool theyre more refined but new weapons, classes etc, we need them. not just some costume put over PSO2 named NGS because I mean, we'd really wouldnt be doing all that much different compared to what we do now in PSO2 with the exception of starting over in an open world game
    I hope they eventually start adding new weapons as well, either through new classes or even adding new weapon types to existing classes. But it's pretty clear that for a while they're just gonna be playing catch up with PSO2's existing classes and weapon types.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Dec 24, 2020 at 04:53 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

  7. #67

    Default

    One thing i hope is that they dont oversaturate the gear library. fliing it nothing but junk and fodders. Make every weapon as unique as they can with its own play style, not just slap them with damage boost over and over and over and call it a day.

    Base game had those gimmicky weapons such as spread needle and etc but it was already way too late at the point they were introduced. Late game solo/4pt content has been nothing but kill things faster to get better rewards or else fail. I hate divide quest because every thing is on timer, I know we can still get rewards even if the timer runs out but the fact that almost everything in this game punishes you for taking things too long is just exhausting and annoying.

    In the end you only need 3 things to kill things which is player skill, damage multipliers and insane pp recovery.. Everything just relies way too much on damage multipliers that having a unique gimmicks don't matter.

    I hope they learned whatever the hell they did in PSO2 and not make the same mistake in NGS.
    test

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I hope they learned whatever the hell they did in PSO2 and not make the same mistake in NGS.
    They seem more responsive to the response of players, so that's a start. I wonder what Summoner is gonna look like in NGS, since they've had the time to fix it.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    One thing i hope is that they dont oversaturate the gear library. fliing it nothing but junk and fodders. Make every weapon as unique as they can with its own play style, not just slap them with damage boost over and over and over and call it a day.

    Base game had those gimmicky weapons such as spread needle and etc but it was already way too late at the point they were introduced. Late game solo/4pt content has been nothing but kill things faster to get better rewards or else fail. I hate divide quest because every thing is on timer, I know we can still get rewards even if the timer runs out but the fact that almost everything in this game punishes you for taking things too long is just exhausting and annoying.

    In the end you only need 3 things to kill things which is player skill, damage multipliers and insane pp recovery.. Everything just relies way too much on damage multipliers that having a unique gimmicks don't matter.

    I hope they learned whatever the hell they did in PSO2 and not make the same mistake in NGS.
    I feel you on the Pure DPS vs Gimmick/Unique situation PSO2 had. Some of the gimmicks were cool as well some Codes like Burning Ranger early in the day, but the game moved too quick and too fast to enjoy such opportunities.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I just want to point out that, yes, this is obviously PSO3 in all but name. They're just keeping the tie to PSO2 (and the absolutely bizarre avatar cross-compatibility) because they have a ton of legacy stuff they want to continue to cash in on.

    Gameplay-wise, graphically, story-wise, it is a sequel. I have no idea why anyone would ever bother arguing otherwise. What a mind-boggling argument.

    Is this actually an issue when you can just export and import characters? Not that I disagree, since more precision is always better than less, but it still strikes me as an odd thing to get hung up on.
    An expansion. It's an expansion. By your logic WoW is technically on the 3rd or 4th version. The gameplay is not as changed as people like to think it is. They just 'sucessored' the base classes, which anyone with a brain knew they were going to do eventually. The Photon Dash is just the fucking earth rings turned into a skill. lol Adding swimming is pointless until we see something more with it. A big instanced Advanced Quest like map with small instances in it again is nothing really new. I like the changes but Sega isn't breaking new ground here. It's an upgrade, not a new game.

Similar Threads

  1. NGS [4K] The New Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis Opening Video
    By lostinseganet in forum PSO2: New Genesis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2020, 09:03 PM
  2. NGS PSO2 New Genesis on Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online
    By Maulcun in forum PSO2: New Genesis
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Sep 30, 2020, 01:34 PM
  3. PSO2 PSO2 new update 6/8/2016
    By HinatasBoobies in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 8, 2016, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •