Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSO2 NGS Closed Beta Test #2: Registration starts on February 2nd!

Registration for the second test is open from February 2nd, 2021 to February 11th, 2021, 23:59 JST.

~~~
    Click here for the Bumped.org post featuring translated system specs as well as a registration guide!
    BETA TEST #1 SCHEDULE: The test has ended.
    - January 27th: Start of Pre-Download
    - January 29th, 2021: 15:00 - 21:00 JST
    - January 30th, 2021: 15:00 - 25:00 JST (i.e. January 31st, 2021, 01:00 JST)
    - January 31st, 2021: 12:00 - 22:00 JST

Tidbits:

- It appears that a regional IP lock has been imposed, preventing those without a VPN from accessing the beta.
    - There will be two Closed Beta Tests.
    - The first CBT focuses on existing PSO2 players and will also be testing PSO2 data transfer, allowing you to use your PSO2 data.
    - The second CBT focuses on all people, including those who have not played PSO2 before. Everyone starts fresh and data from PSO2 and the first CBT will not be carried over.
    - If you are accepted into the first CBT, you are automatically enrolled into the second CBT as well.
    - The first CBT is scheduled for the weekend at the end of January 2021. See above for the schedule.
    - As of now, it has only been announced for PSO2 JP.
    - The CBT will take place on PC only. Specs can be found here.
    - The CBT is planned to accommodate 50,000 participants/lottery winners.
    - The highest amount of simultaneous connections during the first test on January 29th, 2021 was around 15,000.
    - Rewards for participation in the (first) CBT can be found here.
    - The purpose of the first CBT is verification of Game Data shared between PSO2 and PSO2 NGS, as well testing the basic game system, server load, AC and AC Scratch systems.
    - The purpose of the second CBT is to test the game with even more players, as well as to test corrections made following the first CBT.
    - Participants receive 20,000 AC to spend during the first CBT.
    - The level cap during the CBT is Level 15.
    - You can now equip multiple weapon camos for each weapon type!
    - Through glitching, a Bridge room that is yet to be revealed has been found underneath Central City. This can be seen here.
    - Skill trees for the six classes available during the first CBT can be found here.
    - Information on the Item Lab can be found here.
    - Information on the Skill Trees can be found here.

Thread will be updated over time.
    Last edited by Tymek; Feb 2, 2021 at 02:27 AM.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Will they optimize this later or do I need to buy a 10core cpu for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxDMC View Post
    "Expert" players have no lives in plain English because being good at a game is much more important then family and friends lol.

haven't seen anywhere on how to register for this, I've been assuming its an automatic enrollment to be picked for this. people are still sorta staying away from the survey though because they feels its a gaijin net. idk i've filled out past PSO2 surveys (balance, content etc) and I'm still playing

EDIT: nevermind found the registration page
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 15, 2020 at 05:51 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Will they optimize this later or do I need to buy a 10core cpu for this?
    There's a note in the requirements page saying that these requirements are only for the beta and that the final requirements will be different.

※上記クローズドβテスト基準動作環境は、正式サービス時の動作環境とは異なります。
    https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/spec/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

what bothers me more is actually the memory requirement : 70 GB for current PSO2 + possibly re DL both versions for beta, so +100GB ??? Hope you have good SSDs/are willing to play on HDD lol

High Quality】NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER

AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT

i guess this is for 4k requirement

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    High Quality】NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER

AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT

i guess this is for 4k requirement
    The page only mentions that it's for 1080p high quality, but these requirements are only for the beta and they'll be different in the release version.

Though, the GPU requirements, they're somewhat close to each of the consoles.
    Low - PS4
    Medium - PS4 Pro
    High - PS5
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I'm kind of surprised that the min reqs are Win8.1 and DX11. Steam has Win8.1 users at 1.4% of total playerbase, even less than Win7. I was expecting Win10 20H1 as minimum to be honest, which will be the "earliest" Win10 supported version at game's release.

The only reason 8.1 is even listed is because it's still "officially supported" by Microsoft, and so it will be "officially supported" by Sega and other devs. NGS will probably run on 7 just fine, even... 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 are such similar platforms that what works on one should work on the others. The problem is Microsoft likes their planned obsolescence, and have no problem doing things such as refusing to backport DX12 to 7/8/8.1... except for random exceptions such as the DX12 World of Warcraft on 7 "initiative". Though apparently they also did this. Not that it matters, as DX12 is also super gross right now (just like every DX version at launch) and is not really worth supporting, whereas DX11 is fairly stable right now and is an effective baseline. Vista is also very similar to 7/8/8.1/10, and you could probably get anything that would run on 10 working in Vista with very minor tweaking. Basically, Microsoft has not made a new OS since 2006 (or earlier if you consider the betas); they've just made these big updates and charged you for them. For that reason, don't ever take OS requirements seriously, at least not for Windows (though MacOS is not any better).

The actual game requirements are fairly low, and you can seemingly play the game on low(ish?) settings just fine with a midrange 2014/2015 build. We'll just have to see what retail looks like, I guess.

To be fair, 10 was a free upgrade to anyone with a 7, 8, or 8.1 license and each version has remained free to those users since.
    Linka, JP Ship 2 Etoile main, all classes level 100