Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    Actually 249 means the server is unreachable. There's a regional IP block going on. If you didn't get in but can hit the servers you'd be getting the error 828 instead.
    Haha, seriously? A region block? Wow.
    Thanks for the heads up, I will add this information to the OP.

Oh, by the way, only around 15k out of the 50k participants took part in today's test. :') I sure hope they will send out additional invites because this is bollocks.
    Last edited by Tymek; Jan 29, 2021 at 07:07 AM.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamishi View Post
    Regional lock? Is this confirmed? I got into the test, but I'm seeing 249. Siiigh.

Guess a JP VPN is the answer? Anyone know any good ones?
    I remember mudfish being quite good for playing Monster Hunter Frontier but I don't think it's worth getting one for a closed beta. Since NGS will be merged with PSO2 telepipe will probably do the job.

SoftEther may also be an option.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout

I used IPVanish back in the day when the DDoS happened and I reactivated my account today for NGS Test. Works fine with a VPN. Not gonna bother with a public VPN and much rather pay the bucks it costs to get a good one.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    Actually 249 means the server is unreachable. There's a regional IP block going on. If you didn't get in but can hit the servers you'd be getting the error 828 instead.
    Apparently a handful of JP testers got hit with this error as well, but switching to mobile tethering was the fix going around to get past the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    I used IPVanish back in the day when the DDoS happened and I reactivated my account today for NGS Test. Works fine with a VPN. Not gonna bother with a public VPN and much rather pay the bucks it costs to get a good one.
    I was looking at this, but I'm wary because two different VPNs I tried failed to allow me to connect. I don't want to shell out $5 and then have issues anyway, you know?

Do they have a free trial, or a money back option if it doesn't work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    SoftEther may also be an option.
    I've got SoftEther installed now, but I'm not sure which VPN to use with them. I'm trying CactusVPN.

During the DDoS way back when, I used AWS to get connected, but I seem to remember it being a huge hassle, and I don't know that it's worth all of that for a weekend of beta testing.
    Last edited by Yamishi; Jan 29, 2021 at 07:40 PM.

I was looking at this, but I'm wary because two different VPNs I tried failed to allow me to connect. I don't want to shell out $5 and then have issues anyway, you know?

Not that I know of. The first month is just 4.99$ instead of 9.99$. But I don't think there's a way to get your money back if you are not satisfied.
    It worked pretty well for me, IPVanish has a couple of servers in Tokyo and the connection seemed good.

I've got SoftEther installed now, but I'm not sure which VPN to use with them. I'm trying CactusVPN.

During the DDoS way back when, I used AWS to get connected, but I seem to remember it being a huge hassle, and I don't know that it's worth all of that for a weekend of beta testing.
    If you use this https://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx you can download SoftEther with preset VPNs from VPN Gate. There is a couple japanese VPNs in there that you can
    connect to just by clicking. If the speed on them is sufficient, it should work with one of those as well. But don't forget its a public VPN and Sega "may" take a closer look on your account
    if it's swapping IP adresses too much and stuff like that.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

You might really want to try mudfish then. It has a subscription but what most people use is its pay per traffic data plan. You put some money on your account and it uses it depending of your usage. You can select which program uses the vpn so watching youtube videos at the same time doesn't affect it (and does not take your money...) so if you're just gaming less than $5 should be enough for an entire year if not more. They offer some credits when you sign up which should be enough for the beta. SoftEther can be really unstable sometimes but you might want to give it a try.

Applications for Test #2 start on February 2nd. A friendly reminder that those who participated in the first lottery but did not win are automatically enrolled in the second lottery.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout

Registration for the second test is open from February 2nd, 2021 to February 11th, 2021, 23:59 JST.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout