Question Considering returning to the game

So I took this huge hiatus cause PSO2 had too many issues with Windows 7 and Windows Updates, in which if you didn't have a Win7 fully updated version (and perhaps owned by you) that whimsical 1000? error was always present and you could never take it away. So I had to stop playing the game because of that. Now that the game is out in Windows Store and Steam I wanna try returning but of course the game is not available in my country, so I wanna throw a couple of questions in order to be sure I have green light?

1) Is there a way to download the English version (Windows Store and Steam) without having to face the region/country lock AND play it? Like does the tweaker let one do that now?

2) If I play in Windows 10, would the original Japanese game still have the same Windows Update issues and are there any potential errors with Windows 10?

3) Since the game is going through some overhauls, is it still available for x32 OS or only for x64?

4) Is there still a server where all English-speaking people go and play in the original server?

5) How are the issues going with the Steam/Windows Store version? I heard there were many major issues.

Thanks in advance.

1) I'm not sure if the Steam version has a workaround just due to Steam being Steam, but you should be able to install the Windows Store version with no issue via the Tweaker (recommended over just downloading from the Windows Store since the Windows Store does dumb things like erasing the game randomly and creating hidden backups that you can't delete easily); albeit, there are very specific steps you must follow.

2) I'm unaware of any issues when using Windows 10 and the game, unless you are in the Windows Insider program and using a preview build.

3) The official system requirements for the Global version list Windows 10 64bit, as does the tentative system requirements for NGS, though I think the JP version does still support 32bit for now.

4) Still mostly Ship 02 as far as I am aware.

5) Aside from having unsupported regions, one major issue stemming from the Steam version is that if a temporary fraud protection restriction is placed your Steam account, even if it is unrelated to PSO2 and is resolved, then PSO2 will issue you an error816 ban; from what I have read, they don't seem to be reversing these bans even when support is contacted. As for the Windows version, I pretty much summed it up above.

Thanks Anduril. Then I must ask, how is the state of the English Patching of the Japanese version. Did they put it in par with the English Patch or are they still patching it and how updated is it? Or did the Japanese version released a Language change option?

All I can say: I played windows version, and had to un-install three times. I am now playing steam version, and I have had no problems whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by InoshimaLance View Post
    Thanks Anduril. Then I must ask, how is the state of the English Patching of the Japanese version. Did they put it in par with the English Patch or are they still patching it and how updated is it? Or did the Japanese version released a Language change option?
    Unless you care about everything NPCs in the lobby have to say, the Arks Layer patch is worlds ahead of the "official" English-language global version. All menus, items, and pertinent quest and client order dialogue is translated. No, the Japanese version did not receive (and likely never will) a language-change option.

You shouldn't be running pirated Windows either.
    -MikonX
    OG PSO2 real (JP) version
    Too many characters to list