Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ending PSO2

  1. #11

    Default

    This is unironically the best shitpost I've seen in awhile.

  2. #12

    Default

    Again, there is no guarantee NGS will be even popular enough to succeed PSO2. The playerbase will all jump to NGS (me included) until they had their fill but new content will be slower than PSO2 because Sega has no experience with balancing it and people need to change their habits and ways of thinkign from PSO2 vanilla, not to mention this early into NGS the old dripfeed with slow content updates is viable for Sega.

    That means a lot of time where NGS will have no new content and at best you can do the same stuff you did with your main class yet again with a different class / character which is never much incentive for most people.

    For years adding more fun PSO2 content will be easier and faster and will be the hook to keep people playing because it will take years for NGS to accumulate enough original content to not have to rely on PSO2's massive existing content.

    IF NGS can succeed PSO2 it's in 3-4 years minimum but for a long time after that PSO2 will still be a major incentive for new and old player to even play NGS at all, knowing any time they get bored with NGS there is a massive other "game" (actually the main game with NGS being merely an addon with slightly tweaked mechanics) to enjoy while waiting for the next NGS content update.

    But there is no guarantee as NGS is different from PSO2 and inevitably a reasonable percentage of the playerbase won#t be interested much in NGS after the initial buzz dies down.

    Sega is not gonna risk losing that profit when maintaining it through PSO2 content updates is much easier than through NGS content updates. For one, random story blurbs can easily be added to PSO2 any time Sega wants, for NGS people will want main story updates and blurbs won't matter much since the Story of NGS will not be developed enough for years.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlN View Post
    Well the last EQ was pretty garbage. TFW 2021 no olga flow or og dark falz. They didn't even add PD from the old school games.
    I really REALLY wanted this but of course its a crapshoot with how NGS is played, Olgaflow/PSO1+2 DF is a good possibility, at least something that is modeled after them

    Quote Originally Posted by SlN View Post
    They also killed the economy.
    Lack of updates and since the game is kinda done with NGS around the corner, less people playing, people buying up things to use in NGS, less whales etc, lot of factors but I mean it's to be expected at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlN View Post
    Dunno how they will fix NGS. I'm assuming NGS will just be p2w through scratches kek, since now they over nerfed meseta in NGS. Oh well, most games are trash these days anyways.
    If you've played WoW, that Tax system they mentioned not too long ago works basically the same way. Essentially you're already doing it now by buying from people except swap it around and the price will be less or at least what the seller put it at when you buy (since you're paying the tax when putting it up for sale). The reason for this is to help curve RMT since it's a very rampant thing in Global (not sure how much in JP) since I've heard how easy it is to do and has been a problem for awhile.

    Nothing has been p2w either in PSO2, if you ever learned to affix/actually attain some level of skill with your class, you'd know you wouldn't need to spend any sort of actual money on Support Scratches for Grand Boosters etc. People who won't learn the affixing system/build some sort of skill playing this game tend be loudest about p2w in this game.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlN View Post
    Also first 3d PSO game without dark flow lmao. Clearly the current devs are not og fans of the series and just trying to make money off scratches.
    Ya it sucks considering the only one I know who was on the original Sonic Team is Sakai but it's not like they're doing exact throwbacks to the old games either that aren't music, outfits etc. NGS though does give some PSU inspiration though but I mean there could be more old school nods outside cosmetic things.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlN View Post
    Also damn I've never seen ship 2 so dead. B13 is the social block now, that is beyond cringe, and was totally taboo a couple years ago. Also wheres excalibur and other iconic weapons? Do devs not realize hardcore players dont care about fashion, they want the fucking iconic weapons from the original games. Theres nothing to play for, sealed j sword cant be unsealed lmao. Holy man, whoever was incharge of episode 6 was a fucking idiot. Lets add 3 new classes after all these years THEN cancel the game... brainlets man.
    Already mentioned the game is basically at its end, literally the player population dropped because of NGS. For others, why bother until the new game is out, meanwhile other people will do w/e they feel like doing still on the game.

    Hardcore players care about both gear and phasion, wtf are you talking about? Since it seems like you've recently come back to the game at its end, you'd realize Sealed J Sword is unsealable by killing 23,000 enemies and receiving the Unsealed version via a title as a Camo which is fine, where the weapon drops from along with the gear that came with it is pretty subpar, doesn't need to be its own thing.

    The 4 Successor classes refined gameplay for the current weapons out now which is naturally being put into NGS classes in some form. We also don't know how long it will be until these come back into NGS or their playstyle just get added to the existing classes. Not exactly a waste of time for Devs

    Quote Originally Posted by SlN View Post
    the irony also is people shit on episode 5 for being terrible, meanwhile it had by far the most content, economy was balanced, and the game was very active. Episode 6 literally destroyed the economy, forced people to do divide quests(1000x worse than ultimate quest), and the final boss was just a joke. Why does shiva turn into a giant turd, she should have turned into TRUE PD from the OG games. I've literally never been so let down. Sure the theme was cool, some of the eqs were decent, but damn, did they drop the fucking ball lmao. But hey, at least devs can buy whatever they want, meanwhile the players get shit on for the garbage economy they produced.
    -Ep5 was alright, economy was not balanced like you think it is since you're comparing it to basically a big shift to the games current state
    -I liked the final boss but it was still lack luster, Sodam was my only favorite part and TPD is just super boring
    -Look at Globals economy, I'd argue it's worse in most ways

    Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Again, there is no guarantee NGS will be even popular enough to succeed PSO2. The playerbase will all jump to NGS (me included) until they had their fill but new content will be slower than PSO2 because Sega has no experience with balancing it and people need to change their habits and ways of thinkign from PSO2 vanilla, not to mention this early into NGS the old dripfeed with slow content updates is viable for Sega.
    You really need to stop fearmongering or just learn to move on from PSO2 man, NGS is going to be the prime focus for Sega, again they're going to the bare minimal for it. There will a lot to do early game for NGS to keep you busy, it's a matter of you willing to actually do everything instead of play an hour and then complain about nothing to do then jump back on PSO2

    Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    That means a lot of time where NGS will have no new content and at best you can do the same stuff you did with your main class yet again with a different class / character which is never much incentive for most people.
    You will be busy grinding in NGS, if you really feel like you have nothing to do then play another game until an update of interest hits and then jump back on, it's literally no different than what you were doing in PSO2 or any other MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    For years adding more fun PSO2 content will be easier and faster and will be the hook to keep people playing because it will take years for NGS to accumulate enough original content to not have to rely on PSO2's massive existing content.
    this is such a bad comparison in putting a brand new game (expansion) right next to its predecessor then whining about lack of content it's first month of it being live, it is literally the same thing PSO2 went through, if you seriously feel like theres nothing to do in NGS then go back and play PSO2.

    Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    IF NGS can succeed PSO2 it's in 3-4 years minimum but for a long time after that PSO2 will still be a major incentive for new and old player to even play NGS at all, knowing any time they get bored with NGS there is a massive other "game" (actually the main game with NGS being merely an addon with slightly tweaked mechanics) to enjoy while waiting for the next NGS content update.
    its unreal how obsessed you are with this notion

    Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    But there is no guarantee as NGS is different from PSO2 and inevitably a reasonable percentage of the playerbase won#t be interested much in NGS after the initial buzz dies down.
    idk bro, with PSO2 being one of Japans top games, I think NGS is going to do just fine after the first month of hype.

    Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Sega is not gonna risk losing that profit when maintaining it through PSO2 content updates is much easier than through NGS content updates. For one, random story blurbs can easily be added to PSO2 any time Sega wants, for NGS people will want main story updates and blurbs won't matter much since the Story of NGS will not be developed enough for years.
    This cope is unreal and Segas profits are going to be just fine once NGS goes.


    I get you really don't want to let go of PSO2 but man, come on

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  4. #14

    Default

    Dude, it's unreal how people are obsesses with NGS replacing PSO2.
    It's the same idea that years ago Sega would totally bring out PSO3 soon.

    Sega ais a business, period. They can have fairly high profit from keeping PSO2 alive for years with fairly low investment, time, money, manhours, etc.. Even if Sega don't always do what's sound, throwing away PSO2 before NGS can stand on its own would be the same as throwing away billions of yen.

    Not to mention that the mere notion an add on for PSO2 with different mechanics and so far little content could replace the game before there is a lot of content and a big player base just shows you have no clue about how business or online games work.

    People like what's new and shiny but as an experienced PSO2 player you have seen people login 2-3 weeks for the new content and then go back to doing other stuff and not logging in again until the newt new big eq or quest type or whatever.
    There is no reason whatsoever NGS won't be the same, just on a bigger scale. Could be it's half a year or a full year before people don't find NGS new and shiny enough to frequently play anymore and could be Sega extends it by adding more content timely but there is absolutely no basis to believe it when everything points to PSO2 being the workhorse for Sega's online profit (aside mobile stuff) for some years yet.

    And again, it's truly absurd people think that Sega will basically end PSO2 when it adds a gigantic amount of content to NGS, even if NGS will truly become the online game workhorse in the future.
    But as of yet everything about PSO2 going away soon or no content updates anymore soon after NGS gets releases is just fantasy based on a lack of knowledge of the industry.

Similar Threads

  1. SEGA will end PSO2 support for Windows 7 in January 14.
    By LordKaiser in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2019, 04:21 AM
  2. End of PSO2: Attack of the Rappies
    By suzaku0zero0 in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 11, 2013, 03:42 AM
  3. PSO2 End Game?
    By Deadleewar in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Aug 22, 2012, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •