Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    This will come at a surprise, but you do not have to play a game with every setting set to max and added shaders on top of it to enjoy it.
    Enjoyment is subjective, and to some people lower quality graphics can make an experience less enjoyable even if the core gameplay is solid, especially if you know what the game can look like at max quality. Plus, you know, lizard brain like SHINY.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 28, 2021 at 02:47 PM.

Wonder if this will give my 3070 a run for its money?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Enjoyment is subjective, and to some people lower quality graphics can make an experience less enjoyable even if the core gameplay is solid, especially if you know what the game can look like at max quality. Plus, you know, lizard brain like SHINY.
    This is something I disagree with. Gameplay goes first and foremost. But before we reach graphics in importance on whether a game is enjoyable or not, we also have character animations, art, sound effects and music, artificial intelligence, ux/ui etc.

However, let's consider that someone likes having everything set to max since it helps for a more realistic look and therefore in immersion, and they play with added shaders on top to further enhance that. So now they have everything set to the absolute max and they are content with their experience. Come tomorrow, without adjusting settings, will they claim that they do not have fun because there are even higher settings possible?

There is also the uncanny valley, though this has more to do with textures and animations than special effects, reflections and polygon count (case in point: Mass Effect Andromeda)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    This is something I disagree with.
    Exactly; it is subjective. Each individual will weigh the parts of their entertainment that brings them enjoyment, and it will vary from person to person. Just like you (I presume) feel that good gameplay can forgive lower visuals, there are others who will forgive poor gameplay if the visuals are good.

Another example of the subjective nature of enjoyment is how some people prefer story over gameplay, and you can see that many games have difficulties that cater to that; in addition, if the story is terrible, some of those people will not enjoy the game no matter how good the gameplay or the visuals are.
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 2, 2021 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    It's supposed to run on BASE xbox, does this answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    NGS is likely push the 3070 at high resolutions, but don't expect the same to happen with the PSO2 graphics engine update.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    It's supposed to run on BASE xbox, does this answer your question?
    But the consoles will not have the same graphics as the PC version on max, right?

I want to see if this new engine will take advantage of several cores. Stutter in the lobby is something I still have nowadays.

If you have the PS4 version, it is already possible to preview the new Salon features via Offline Character Make.

Check out these awesome next-gen PS4 textures:
    Spoiler!
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Spoiler!

affix from EQ i guess sega want us to get guardian soul
    Last edited by oratank; Mar 3, 2021 at 12:30 AM.