Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO2 suddenly crashing a lot...

Checking the discord it, seems several people have this issue.
    Is it a side effect of the manual patch? Anything else related to the new graphics?

Anyone know anything?
    The logfile just says everything is working.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Is it a side effect of the manual patch? Anything else related to the new graphics?

Anyone know anything?
    Set your detailed model count to something lower than 20.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone know anything?
    While not working, the plugins for the Tweaker are still loading and causing the majority of the crashes. Also some crashes are being caused by the frame rate being set to unlimited by default and causing graphics cards to overload.
    Linka, JP Ship 2 Etoile main, all classes level 100

I set my detailed model count to 10 and it still keeps crashing all the time, in fact a lot more often than before.
    I guess it was because of the mods I had installed. After uninstalling them (copypasting the original files) stuff that caused my game to crash seems to no longer do so.

Does Large Address Aware cause any problems at the moment? Since PSO2 is now 64bit, this should be pointless or?
    I couldn't find any way to disable item translation and I never used any other plugins.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Mar 4, 2021 at 08:37 AM.

I set my detailed model count to 10 and it still keeps crashing all the time, in fact a lot more often than before.
    I guess it was because of the mods I had installed. After uninstalling them (copypasting the original files) stuff that caused my game to crash seems to no longer do so.

Does Large Address Aware cause any problems at the moment? Since PSO2 is now 64bit, this should be pointless or?
    I couldn't find any way to disable item translation and I never used any other plugins.
    If PSO2 is now 64bit, yeah, large address aware is pointless now.

And yeah, it's normal for mods to break after such a major update like this.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Are we talking about the JP version?

I ran the JP version through PSO2 Tweaker yesterday and PSO2 crashed often. Then I ran JP PSO2 without Tweaker and no longer experienced any crashes.

You might as well run JP PSO2 without Tweaker since none of the plugins work anyway. I am not sure what Tweaker is accomplishing while PSO2 is running without the plugins.

This assumes that you are using PSO2 Tweaker. If you aren't and are still experiencing crashes, then I am not sure. I suppose, ironically, you could use the Tweaker for troubleshooting with file checks or whatever, then run PSO2 without the Tweaker and see if that helps.

Note: the Tweaker has had updates since last time I ran PSO2. Maybe it is OK to run PSO2 with Tweaker now?
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Note: the Tweaker has had updates since last time I ran PSO2. Maybe it is OK to run PSO2 with Tweaker now?
    Yeah, the tweaker was updated to disable the plugins and include a manual version of the english patch (without plugins).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

If you absolutely need english, then use the tweaker.

We don't expect translation plugins to come back until maybe a month or more.

Otherwise, use this time to learn a new language.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know almost most menu options by heart but it's still kinda confusing without English and especially it's time consuming to read affix kana for me.
    I think by now it's just old mods that cause crashes so I'm doing a filecheck.

That aside I heard the new graphics have memory leak? Can anyone confirm this or is this just a rumour?