All I've been hereing on Xbox PSO around the place from almost everyone is that there will be a server maitnance on May 15th to ban weapons that arent' supposed to be available yet. I've searched sega's website and Xbox lives website for information about this but I've yet to find any solid information. Can anyone confirm this?

mmm... sammich...

Check out the rants section thread entitled "Xbox: Support full of bloody idiots."

The short of it is that Microsoft doesn't even realize that they're the ones running the game; they think Sega is. According to their support line, they have no intentions of patching the game unless "Sega" does all the work.

=) Thanks a bunch for the information. I know Microsoft and Sega seem have become two of the stupidest companies lately with their marketing and organization. Thus i'm not suprised they are still so illy organized.

Mayor McCheese

Rumor said it was supposed to happen last week too.

Sounds like scare tactics by players to get other players to dump hacks.

Not banned

It should definately happen. That's all I have to say. Too many Dark Flows and DArk Metors running around with their 100% and stuff...which brings me to a story.

I challenged a supposive hacker/duper to battle mode. He came in to the forest and I cast Jellen and Zalure on him but before he got in, I cast Shifta and Deband. He hit me in one hit, killed me, laughed, and headed to the transporter. I had a scape doll, got revived, and Grantsed him while he went in the Teleporter. He = FSOD. End story.

PS. When he came back, he said he lost all his weapons and stuff and was highly pissed...............and I laughed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omni-SqwirL on 2003-05-12 07:56 ]</font>

mmm... sammich...

Heh, I was playing with some idiot who was cheating, today; guy had a Snow Queen on PSOX, which is currently impossible without either the weapon itself being hacked or getting a hacked Photon Booster.

We're doing the caves while he's ranting about how stupid it is to leave cheater feedback, because no one can prove that someone's cheating without "looking at the file" (that's the thing I've found about most of the cheaters: they're technically incompetant; they just know someone who does all the actual hacking). So, I report him as a cheater, anyways... I was gonna leave, but I figured I'd stick around to take out De Rol, since we were right there.

So, we jump into the transporter to De Rol, and only 3 people come out on the other side... the idiot with the Snow Queen (who spent half the freaking caves talking about how awesome he was and how SO many people want to play with him because of it, and pointing out what a great job he was doing freezing everything, neglecting to take into consideration that I was doing most of the work with my Frozen Shooter) shows back up, really pissed off.

I don't know what, exactly, happened, but evidentally, this guy lost everything. His inventory, his equipped items, his bank... all gone.

It happened to me before, on my very first character, but it turned out to be a corrupted save file; I deleted all my PSOX data and it worked fine, the next time. I sincerely hope that's what happened to that idiot.

Mayor McCheese

Could just be karma. I know of several people with hacked items and haven't had anything deleted.

If Microsoft was going to do something like this, they're parade the fact around for a couple of reasons. 1] Even though its the idiot's fault, they blame feel obligated to blame someone. Thus giving more shit to the original company. Giving the group advance notice would cut down on it. see Blizzard. 2] To show they actually do care about the product.

I've got a feeling that number 2 doesnt apply here. Too many better Live titles are coming out for Microsoft to be worried about a poorly done Dreamcast port.

On 2003-05-12 08:12, s3rial_one wrote:
    because no one can prove that someone's cheating without "looking at the file" (that's the thing I've found about most of the cheaters: they're technically incompetant; they just know someone who does all the actual hacking).
    Haha you got that right. Most of the people that cheat in PSO are losers that have to get their buddy to install a mod chip and do the hacking for them. Just so they can use a cheap weapon and spread hacked items, which is no fun at all. Losers I say.

I for one have already reverted back to my Dreamcast PSO playing ways. Locked games with friends, all the time. You'll rarely catch me in a public game now. Too many damn morons.

There had better be a server maintenance/quest updates before June 15th. What do we got now? Heat sword and Gallon's Shop with no photon exchanging. That is total bs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_Ariakas on 2003-05-12 08:33 ]</font>