Messenger of Light

Okay, I'm bluefull and I was messing around last night offline going through the forest on normal with nothing in my inventory, just beating things for fun with no equipment. Along comes an Al Rappy. I kick it, it falls. When it got up, it dropped an HP material. What's funny is, the VERY next room I saw another one, and it also dropped an HP material.

So I thought to myself... will he always drop one?

For the hell of it, I decided to pipe for another one in Fake in Yellow, and sure enough- another HP material. At this point I was actually debating whether or not I should keep doing this, or leave it at that. Well... within an hour I actually managed to get 7 HP materials, piping for them. Of course, I was also raising a new mag so as not to get completely bored. I decided after that to see if I could beat my record of 7 in an hour, and I matched it in the next hour- 7 more HP materials. That's 14 in two hours. Might something good come of this?

Now, I'm wondering other things... I'm bluefull and he drops HP material, so what would Pinkal drop? Mind Material? Who knows, but it's almost worth it to give a new character you just made a chance to find out, isn't it? I'm wondering if I could pipe for other materials this way, and if so don't you think that would be extremely useful? Imagine if you could pipe for Luck material!

Feel free to post what material your Section ID finds from a normal Al Rappy, if any.

Yellowboze found Trimate. Oran found Star Atomizer. Pretty sure Greenil found SA as well.

I can't remember what all my characters found from Als, but usually it's Stars...

forest2, normal, purplenum, al rappy: mind material

*cries* How do you find so many Al Rappies, when I haven't ever even seen one, and I've been playing since version 1? o__O;;

Do the Fake in Yellow quest over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

You'll probably find quite a few of them.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

why bother doing it over and over when you can just do the telepipe trick, LOL. Total waste of time to do the entire quest over and over.

I should amend this by saying that it is best used with fo's that have ryuker, otherwise it can get expensive if you have to buy telepipes over and over. so use a fo with the specific section id you want for the item you want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-05-16 10:01 ]</font>

On 2003-05-16 08:50, DukeElrond wrote:
    *cries* How do you find so many Al Rappies, when I haven't ever even seen one, and I've been playing since version 1? o__O;;
    I do forest all the time, and I make piles of new characters when I get bored. I almost always find them on normal with a level 7 or so character (probably coincidence), which irritates me to no end since they never appear when they'd actually have good items. ;_;

Fate binds us, destroys us.

What does Redria get?

Gardian of the Heavens

VIRIDIA gets HP material as well, i found 5 in 1 hour and lots more in normal.