And Your Bird Can Sing

According to one gaming website, Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 will amount to the last hurrah for the PSO series. I can't vouch for the reliability of the news source, so it's possible (hopefully) they have it wrong. Otherwise, enjoy the current iteration while it lasts.

BaronLaw

Link: http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4505

Kudos to Kolorado at wumarkus.com for pointing this out in a post.
    Link: http://forums.wumarkus.com/viewtopic.php?t=1297

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2003-05-25 01:55 ]</font>

If they are gonna end the pso series dont do it on some shitty card game, i want the psoiest of any pso that any one has ever seen! I want more rares than you can hold, i want more areas, i want more every thing! what i dont want is cards!

On 2003-05-25 02:09, SLyNKee wrote:
    If they are gonna end the pso series dont do it on some shitty card game
    Not that you even know if the card game is shitty or not...

It's not very smart to judge something like this before you've tried it.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I am glad PSO is going. I would have liked a true sequel though. Not these damn games that are just addons.

mmm... sammich...

SonicTeam and Sega are, unfortunately, the most incompetant companies in all of gaming (with the possible exception of EA/3DO). They take their franchises that have a huge potential for success (like PSO), and run them into the ground. Meanwhile, they keep regurgitating garbage like Sonic.

If you want see what I'm talking about, visit Sonic Team's English website. You wouldn't even know this game exists, save for a banner add that links to SoA's completely useless site for PSO ver.1 on the DC. Evidentally Sonic watches and the 1 person that would actually buy that crap are more important...

I hate to see PSO go as much as the next guy, but hopefully they can let the franchise go without dragging it through the mud. The original Phantasy Star games were excellent, and for its time, so was PSO. Now, though? It just feels dated. If they're too bloody stupid (and they are) to give this game the sequal that it deserves, it's good they're just putting it out to pasture. It's just a shame they have to tag this stupid card game onto it before they do.

Stop ignoring the stickied topics! X_X

Go here for the discussion on PSO:Episode 3.
    Look, he did it again.