So, I've figured out the damage formulas from various sources, and confirmed that the damage ranges listed in the perfect guide are accurate.

Damage:

Weapon ATP: WA
    Base ATP: BA

Total ATP
    TA = BA*(1 + shifta boost) + WA*(1+ photon efficiency percentage).

Shifta only affects your base ATP, and photon efficiency only affects weapon ATP (which is why it seems nearly useless on mech guns).

Then, the total ATP is divided by five and the DFP of the target is subtracted to get Base damage:

Base Damage
    BD = TA/5 - DFP

Then a normal attack is 0.9 * BD
    Strong attack = 1.7* BD
    Critical hits are 50% more than this, or
    Critical normal = 1.35*BD
    Critical strong = 2.55*BD

In short, every 100 ATP is
    an extra 18 normal hit damage
    an extra 27 normal critical damage
    an extra 34 strong hit damage
    an extra 51 strong critical damage

assuminmg that normal does more than 0 damage.

The weapon ATP ranges listed in the perfect guide seem accurate. A photon launcher listed as 210-220 ATP in the guide compared to a Varista +5 (165-220) definitely does more average damage, and is more consistent.

Likewise, Daggers and Parisans are often nearly the same ATP but the partisans more consistent (blade dance is listed at 110-180, Brionac at 150-182; Brionac does higher average damage).

My question is, what is the % chance to hit formula?

I believe the guide when it says that a normal attack uses 100% of your ATA, and that a strong uses 70% and a special 50%, but is ATA also broken into base and weapon components? If so, is the decrease in ATA from strong and special hits only from your base ATA?
    I think that to hit photon efficiency stats only boost weapon ATA, that will be easy to verify.

If anyone knows, or has any Ideas on how to find out how the ATA/ EVP equation for hit% works, I'd like to know.

It would be useful to know what % chance to hit various Mag/Slot/Weapon combos have on various enemies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeiLast on 2003-06-02 12:58 ]</font>

Veteran Fighter

If you find a non tekk'd weapon with hit%, equip it and go get it tekk'd. You'll see that for every 5% of hit% you'll gain 5 points of ATA. Of course I don't have a level 200 character with max ATA to see if it scales in any way but, with a L100 character it works that way as well as for a L50.

Also this works well to quickly know if you've got a weapon that got tekked by any percentage higher because your ATA will go up by 10 if it got tekk'd up 10%

Excellent post NeiLast, I'm pretty impressed. Unfortunately, I too have no idea how the hit formula works n_nV

I do have 1 question though

"Shifta only affects your base ATA"

Assuming thats a typo and you meant ATP, its an interesting theory that I've never heard before. It reminds me of an odd thing that happened before, and I've never found an explanation for. I was playing in seabed with a few people, and we did a 4 person PB combo in order to get that super lvl 50~ shifta.

Before Olga we all went to the bank to get ready, and my friend noticed something strange. She found that her Meteor Cudgel was suddenly her strongest weapon. Normally her Black King Bar was the strongest, but with the shifta Meteor Cudgel was showing up as being 100 or so ATP stronger (she even showed us in the trade window) and we were never able to figure out why. So maybe shifta effects certain weapons? Confusing stuff isn't it n_nV

Edit: One other thing, not sure if this is in the guide, but I've found that S-Rank weapons seem to have no damage range, which is nice. I always do the same or 1 less point of damage with them every attack

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhete on 2003-06-01 21:14 ]</font>

There's one thing you can do to determine if ATA is split up and if strong and special attacks are decreased from the base. Use a Mechgun, since it doesn't add on any ATA (granted that it doesn't have a Hit %) and then use the higher level mechguns that add to the ATA and see how things work out. I wouldn't think that ATA is split up like ATP, since ATP needs to be split to counter in how Shifta and Photon Effiencies are taken in.

i have the formulas for dmg for the one we use for this calculator

http://www.pso-world.com/damagecalc.php

i'll dig it up

Rhete:
    Yes, that was a typo, should have been ATP.

From the tests I've done, Shifta definitely is only on your base ATP. If you cast Shifta, you gain the same total ATP regardless of which weapon you have.

Perhaps however, there are a few weapons that add to your base ATP as one of the stories posted here might suggest. Since units and mags add to base ATP, it wouldn't be suprising if some weapons somehow did as well as a feature.

It shouldn't take long to sort out how photon efficiency for hit ratio works, (only on weapon, or a constant, or on base ATA).
    However, I'm not sure how to go about discovering the EVP/ATA to hit relation and how it relates to the various attack types.

Also, perhaps the damage calculator here has a good approximate list of enemy DFP internally. It seems that that calculator thinks a booma on ultimate has 300 DFP. Was this data gathered experimentally or gotten from a reliable source?

Hmmm...

beastiary lists all dfp values. values are linked to the calculator

http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary.p...on=1&artid=308