Wednesday 6am US Oberon Block 16-01, after taking out De Rol, Rune and I began to fool around on the raft hitting each other with all the techniques we could possibly think off.
    Then, I decided its time to return to Pioneer 2 and stock up on some fluids after all that monkeying(30 tp each "hard tech" is alot for a humar!), unknowingly that Rune still wants to have "some more fun" in the meantime. Just as I stepped onto the transporter, I noticed Rune in his "technique" pose and I sneered and warped quickly, "Ya missed me ;P". Then "sickening-ly", the moment I appeared and took a step on Pioneer 2, a grants technique hit me out of nowhere and my screen frooze like forever......
    Thanks to him, I lost 400K, all my stars, tris, dis,atomisers and grinders...(thank god I saved my Pan Arms and God Ability in the bank b4 boss)

But thats not IT. After I went back online to tell him a piece of my mind, I decided to log off and finish some quests offline(supposingly it will help raise rare drops if all are done so I've read) So I picked "the Lost Bride" and pounded my way til the waterfall at cave 2.
    And after that vain girl left to look at herself in the mirror, I noticed that there was a locked door left in the dungeon which was absolutely not possible to open. Being that all time curious son of a hunter, I decided to perform the door trick and bravely explore the world on the other side where no man has ever done so. But once through, monsters and boxes still pop out as usual whenever you enter a new room in the remaining sections of that dungeon... Im not surprised?
    Anyway, after going through each and every possible corner, I decided to return to pioneer 2 to claim my prize, feeling damn pleased with myself ;P (esp knowing the existence of more goodies behind those doors and the game doesnt hang or something).BUT just after I claimed the money and the game goes into the "quest" loading/unloading screen, it crashed, again. This time, my import DC with the mod chip to play the US copy of PSO; fried as well....(currently, it should be sitting nicely on a table while a technician is looking/inspecting it right now)

IS IT A COINCIDENCE?!? ARGH!! I mean have anyone actually tried that door trick in offline quests and survived(esp Jurnalistic Pursuit, Lost Bride and Black Paper)? Is that a development team "safety precaution" against hackers or something? Or am I just being paranoid?!? Feedback needed! Argh!! Pleaseeeeee! ;(

Rappy Hunter

you were hitting each other with techniques? door trick? could you private mail me so i can find out what the hell you're talking about? By the way, sorry about all your rares... and money... and stars. im only lvl 50, but i know that hurts.

On the subject of the door trick, I did that last night after completing v-hard Endless Nightmare #3. When you complete the quest, there are two locked doors with boxes in front of them. I wiggled my way past the doors and found.. nothing. It was kind of creepy. First, the other side of the doors showed transparent boxes on the side parallel to the door. The other sides existed, but I had to look from a different angle. There was a lot of space to explore, and it was all very, very empty. No monsters, no boxes, nothing. The weirdest thing is that the doors weren't functioning. i.e they were always open and never closed once.. From a distance, all doors appeared as brown squares. When you get closer, it starts to focus in on what's in the next room.. Very creepy..

It'd be nice if they hid something for us in one of those unreachable rooms. Anybody find anything interesting in a similar situation?

First off, if you and Rune were just 'playing around' throwing Techs at each other, I can't see where you can get mad at him when your DC froze because of a freakish timing coincidence (unless you were "tongue in cheek" when posting your anger here).

It could have just as easily happened to him, had he done it. I've stepped into a teleportal just at the same instance somebody joined a game online, and once, my viewpoint ended up being "embedded" into the ground! Very disturbing, and creepy, and I eventually had to pull the modem line on it to get out and save.

As to getting a freeze in the so-called "forbidden" area, I'm not terribly surprised. You're using a glitch in the system to access that area, so one shouldn't be surprised if the DC acts funny as a result.

Although I will admit that I'm a bit surpirsed SEGA 'closed' that area off, as opposed to just filling it with the 'default' slate of monsters or something.

It's not me. I'm not here.

Could this Forbidden room stuff be similar to clipping in FPShooters...?

I love using clip cheats on FPS's so I can look at the level structure (like in Half-Life, Unreal etc) Sometimes, they're quite beautiful - it adds a new meaning to apreciating someone's level design. This mentioning of other rooms becoming 'aparant' sound very much like a clipping bug (hey, that's basically what you're doing when you use the door technique...)