master spekkio, among others (gamefaqs.com) claim it is possible, he wrote

"Leave them to die then before the get chance to say ''I'm dead'' or whatever, use a photon blast and when it is finished you will see them lying there with their weapon next to them. Pick up their weapon then revive them and the mission will end. "

I couldn't help but wonder about nabbing Bernie's Flame Visit but I have a very large feeling that this is all a hoax. Anyone else have any information?

As far as I know it is a hoax, as I dont think you would have enough to to fire a PB before the quest would end.

Well... say u have like 4 PB/Creates equipped, then it would be possible I guess... but I don't have that kind of stuff anyways... best slot item I have is a Hero/Ability from Nar Lily.

I aplogize as i didn't phrase myself very well. I mean that you don't have enough time to execute a PB blast during the death of an NPC. I have absolutly no doubt that anyone could get a full PB meter without any PB/Creates.

[addsig]"http://nightsclan.tripod.com/spysig.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=100 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Spy on 2001-03-15 02:35 ]</font>

Apparently, they say it is a glitch that leaves the NPC on the ground, yet, any Dialogue in the mission, like Eleanor about the MAGs will resume as if they were still by your side. Like I said, I don't believe an NPC would drop a weapon anyways so I guess we wasted our time typing! =)

It's good exercise for me as I am a horrible typist who still can't use "home row" right I'm think about switching to the uber cool Dvorak keyboards tho, you can nearly double your typing rate.

To easily dispel this myth just do the Secret Delivery mission. You can fight NPC RAcasts and when they die they do not drop their weapon. You could sit there all day and watch and it will never happen. The same mechanism surely drives all the NPC's.

-SSZ

Veteran Fighter

I have cast a Photon Burst as an NPC died. Ash was surrounded by Damiens and I was trying to save him by killing 'em all with a blast of Pilla. He fell over saying 'I died' just as my character was doing her flashy animation. The photon blast went off, killed some critters, then the mission ended. No weapons laying around, no chance to revive Ash. The screen might even have faded out during the PB animation. I remember it happened, not specific details since I couldn't steal Ash's weapon or anything it didn't really stick in my mind, except as a case of 'dammit, I almost had them, now I have to do the mission over'