Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

hello everyone i just hade one quick question about sega and pso.This problem resulting in the exploitation of a mass dupe bug reminds me so much of,the problem that was killing sonys PS2 game EQOA=Everquest Online Adventures.My point is that pso much like EQOA has characters stored on to the memory card,and when you connect to the inet in order for everyone to see the same thing at the same time the game runs off the server not the cd disc anymore.Anyway the way that Sony fixxed this problem is by during a massive monster skill rebalancing.so those super strong weapons where now just as weak as the normal weapons where.they increased monster damage and hp.I am hoping that since sega went ahead and just gave everyone the oppurtunity to recieve duped photonsperes and create 100% weapons.Maybe they are going to also do a skill rebalancing.does anyone else think that this is possible ??
    or everyone is just SOL from here on out.It sure would be great to recive such a great gift like the players of Diablo 2 are going to recieve in the upcoming ver 1.10 patch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-06-26 15:01 ]</font>

Blue Harmony

PSO is mainly a peer to peer game. The use of servers is really minimal, especially when adventuring.

Moreover, PSO hacker Barubary said Sonic Team disabled the function in the game that allowed the download of patches when connecting to servers, on the GameCube.
    Hence PSO GC is pretty screwed.
    There could be some hope left for PSO X.

But don't get your hopes up.
    There is a saying. Put Garbage in, Get Garbage out.
    Sonic Team keeps screwing up on this game over and over. They just don't care enough to put the time and resources needed to make a clean, unflawed game.

Man crap i really was hoping that they still had server compatibility hmm crap this is a bit disappointing to here.

On 2003-06-26 16:10, saffaya wrote:

Moreover, PSO hacker Barubary said Sonic Team disabled the function in the game that allowed the download of patches when connecting to servers, on the GameCube.
    Hence PSO GC is pretty screwed.
    There could be some hope left for PSO X.

What????

who's barubary? you make it sound like the dudes a genius...How is gc pso screwed? it seems to be doing better as far as hacking goes...

Dunno if Barb is a genious or not. But dude does has some hacking skills as far as PSO goes, dunno if it's stretches beyond PSO (good chance).

Anyway, as Saffaya said, really no hope for PSOGC. PSOX is a possibility as MS is publishing the game and has control over its servers. I kinda don't see it happening. It has it's similarities with Diablo, but I don't think PSO was ever meant to be a patchable.

And I do hope that the 1.10 patch for D2 is going to be a huge benefit. I've waited for that patch too. Tho I haven't played for the past several months.

Hmmm well lets just keep are hopes up that it is still a good chance to patch it up.

Omou harugo wo koroshita shounen no tsubasa.
    2fort building a sentry gun protecting my flag

On 2003-06-26 14:52, eXo wrote:
    hello everyone i just hade one quick question about sega and pso.This problem resulting in the exploitation of a mass dupe bug reminds me so much of,the problem that was killing sonys PS2 game EQOA=Everquest Online Adventures.
    EQOA had very, very, very, little duping. PSO has tons more.
    My point is that pso much like EQOA has characters stored on to the memory card
    EQOA Saved your character on the servers, which is why u couldn't go from server to server. I know, I got stuck on diren's hold cause of this.
    ,and when you connect to the inet in order for everyone to see the same thing at the same time the game runs off the server
    The thing with this is, everyone is in the same world. As in PSO, the players create a game.

Owner of the almighty n00b bat

Not to be off topic or anything, but what's the new Diablo II patch supposed to do exactly? It's been over a year since the last patch i think, i thought they stopped doing anything for the game. It'll be nice to see what happens when it arrives. Also, when are they gonna release it?

I don't know where the thought occurred to you, but PSO does not play nor act like EQ. You should've realized that.

Blue Harmony

How is gc pso screwed? it seems to be doing better as far as hacking goes...
    seems ? sure if you keep reading GC zealots in their usual X bashing.
    What is worse on X ? Lvl 200 chars ? wow .. how destabilizing for your game...
    (haven't seen a single lvl 200 in JP X PSO yet)

Duping on Xbox : you need a modchip, a memory card.

Duping on GC : anyone can do it on-line.