Hail the material god!

I know that the section id of the game effects the amount and type of monsters in the stage but i havent been through cmode enough times to know the really good ones, only the really bad
    Thx in advance

I've heard Yellow is pretty good for most C-mode stages.

Ever-Changing Gemini

Bluefull, Pinkal, and Skyly are good IDs. Skyly is good for C4, because you need swords to kick the worm's...er...flank. Pinkal and Bluefull are great for tech disks and Mind materials - always good if there's a Force, Newman, or Human and Resta 3 pops up (along with a required amount of Mind materials).

I noticed Yellowboze was pretty good too for getting a variety of weapons and things. Makes me wish I hadn't remade my Yellow HUcaseal for C-mode to Bluefull...Ah well.

So far the only surefire effect IDs have are the odds of item drops. All IDs have an equal chance to find saber, handgun, and cane class weapons, but all the other weapon drop odds vary based on the ID. For example: Skyly will find more sword and rifle class weapons, but will rarely find mechgun class weapons.

The problem with gauging ID effects on C-mode is that the stages are produced randomly. Each ID does seem to have a certain variable effect on enemy types and amounts (ie. good to bad, okay to horrible, etc.), but the problem is accurately recording these variances. In my experiences, Skyly, Pinkal, and Bluefull seem to be the overall best IDs. However, having two of the same ID in a team usually (but not always) meets with disasterous results.

Granted these were back on the DC version, the following are all the best IDs (in order of joining the team) I managed to mark down.

c1: Bluefull, Pinkal, Skyly, Yellowboze
    c2: Pinkal, Skyly, Redria, Bluefull
    c3: Skyly, Pinkal, Bluefull, Yellowboze
    c4: Skyly, Pinkal, Bluefull, Yellowboze*
    c5: Pinkal, Skyly, Yellowboze, Bluefull
    c6: Bluefull, Skyly, Pinkal, Bluefull
    c7: Bluefull, Skyly, Purplenum, Pinkal
    c8: Skyly, Bluefull, Pinkal, Yellowboze
    c9: Skyly, Pinkal, Bluefull, Viridia

* The c4 time came to be 21"42, but could have easily been under 20" if there hadn't been so much lag and we had the ability to retry again for better weapons. Unfortunately one of the players had to leave, so we were forced to finish the stage as-is.

And just for the record, I refuse to cheat or play with people who cheat in C-mode. To me that just totally defeats the purpose of C-mode. It's not called Challenge mode for nothing.

who said anything about cheating? lol

i remeber playing Cmode in the V2 days and some HUmar comes in and killing every critter on C1 in one hit (i dont remeber if he stayed at his own level when we started the game, or turned into lv 200 at the start. but he was HACKING).

i think we just stod there for a minuted and waited for him to get bored...

either way we stared that run over!

Section ID affects weapons, but not the volume of enemies in the game. As Vulpes said, things can go crazy when 2 of the same ID are in a game (although this is usually only when the ID that made the game is duplicated).

What is not 100% proven either way is whether or not ID affects the TYPE of enemies that spawn. I am personally beginning to believe this is true (I have over 30 S-Ranks across DC / GC, and good TA times on my main C-Mode chars) - check out Whitill caves and see if you get a Nano Dragon extravaganza.

Does anyone else have any hard evidence on this?

Please don't reply if you've only completed C-Mode a few times, thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-06-30 05:22 ]</font>

Having two of the same ID increases the number of enemies?