I heard you must have Xbox Live in order to play PSO offline or online. I live out in the desert (lol) and we can't get broadband out here due to the cost. So my question is "Do you need broadband in order to use Xbox Live or is there a way to play PSO without having Xbox Live?"

Li

May the Schwarz be with me...

On 2003-07-16 19:48, Lee_PSo wrote:
    I heard you must have Xbox Live in order to play PSO offline or online. I live out in the desert (lol) and we can't get broadband out here due to the cost. So my question is "Do you need broadband in order to use Xbox Live or is there a way to play PSO without having Xbox Live?"

Li
    I know nothing about the Xbox's Live service but I'm pretty sure that Xbox only uses broadband and not 56k or anything.

Top Dog

How are you attached to the Internet here? Dial up?

You need Xbox Live to play and you need broadband to get it.

You only need an account you can use a friends XBL kit to install and use his GT then and you will be able to create characters and play offline

On 2003-07-16 20:57, K9999 wrote:
    You only need an account you can use a friends XBL kit to install and use his GT then and you will be able to create characters and play offline
    True. If you did no someone, there would be a problem though. If you both wanted to play online at the same time, I highly doubt you can do that. Meaning if your friend/relative was playing online (PSO or another game), you wouldn't be able to play. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm 95% you couldn't. I haven't played a game where you could have an account logged on from 2 different locations (i.e. Diablo, EQ, PSO ver1 & 2, etc). If that's the case, you'd have to coordinate play time.

If not, I guess that wouldn't be bad either.

But, since you don't or can't have broadband, then you pretty much can't get logged on either way, because you need to have broadband to get online with Xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-16 21:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-16 21:22 ]</font>

To play your phantasy star online game on the X-box offline: X-box live is required, regardless of internet connection status.

To play online: must have X-box live, and a broadband connection.

hope that might clear things up