View Poll Results: My parents took my Gamecube away 2 days ago. (oh no, no more pso until the 2nd semester of school) S

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

2 25.00%

4 50.00%

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My parents took my Gamecube away 2 days ago. (oh no, no more pso until the 2nd semester of school) So then I busted out my dusty PS2. I had no games or memory cards. But I got my friends card, rented a RPG I had no Idea about (and haven't played the 1st one), took it home and beat it in under 30 hours. I still don't know what all the status abreveations stand for !? like MEN? It didn't help that when I rented it I got no booklet thing. I had no help on this game (cause i'm grounded) and I didn't use any guides or things like that. I liked the game other than the fact that its Easy and Short :/ But still,
    * * * * game rating for me What would you rate it?

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

I have the PC version, which I never installed.

I'm expecting a bunch of Japanese text which I'll ignore, a battle system that would be easier had it not be text-based, and voice acting better than that of the version you played. And thanks to the zany videogame quotes archive thing. I got to hear the american voice actors... Good to hear that lass who voiced the little mermaid got a second chance, minor let down seeing as how she totally fucked it up.

Had I played it I'd have given it 3 out of 5 stars and an asterisk. Heh "Woulda liked it more, woulda beat it sooner, would scored higher, had I just known Japanese."

Depending on my mood I would have rated Grandia 2 either 2 and 1/2 stars or 3 stars and since your ploe did not have 1/2 stars in it I voted for 3. Grandia 2 is a good rpg but by no means is it great. I supose that the main game that it can be compared with and the main reason it fell so short of everyone's expectations was because it's predecessor Grandia was soo good ( I think many hailed it as a Final Fanatsy VII beater especailly back in Japan on the Sega Saturn where it was at it's best ). In particular I did not find the cast to be a likeable as Grandia's ( I loved Millenia, thought everyone else was just okay ) and I was a bit put off by the Garnadia 2's story, it was all to obvious and the very dark theme of religion meant that I could not have much fun with the game or it's protaganists ( like I did in Grandia, simple story but alot of fun thankns to charasmatic characters ) since everything was so dark and gloomy. In terms of gameplay I found it to be slightly superior to Garndia since everything was streamlined and as such was less fiddley. An okay game on the whole. I played my copy on the Dreamcast so I might have missed out on a few added features that were included in latter ports but on the PS2 there are much better RPG's available.

Uuuughhhh *breath* Uuuugghhhh!

The PS2 version of Grandia II was total crap compared to the original version on the DC.

I would rate the DC version 4 stars--because GII and SOA came out around the same time on the DC version, and both of them rocked my f*cking socks off (Was kind of new to RPG's).

On 2003-07-21 11:51, SubstanceD wrote:
    on the PS2 there are much better RPG's available.
    Yeah, uh? So, please name these superior RPGs (and no, Final Fantasy X doesn't fucking count, OK?).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-07-21 12:38 ]</font>

breath of fire 5 (matter of taste, i know)

and actually, out of the three rpgs within 2 months on dreamcast (grandia II, skies of arcadia and pso) i liked grandia II the most.

nice english dub (imho), very nice athmosphere due to the great soundtrack and the fights were fun as well.

i agree its short and easy, but its a fun and interesting game.

I really liked Grandia 2 on DC (even if I did beat it in one sitting >_>). It was pretty short, and that arrow that shows you where to go made it pretty easy, but I reall enjoyed it.

SoA is crap tho >_> *shivers*
    Lazy bored. Crazy stupid.

On 2003-07-21 14:49, Prof_Frink wrote:

SoA is crap tho >_> *shivers*
    And by that you mean winterfresh smelling crap, right?

yes

and by yes, I mean no.

I really really didn't like that game. Never has playing an RPG been such a chore as it was with Skies of Arcadia. The only reason I beat it was so I could express my hatrade for it with a clear conscience.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2003-07-21 14:58 ]</font>
    Lazy bored. Crazy stupid.

I liked grandia 2's battle system, but the story really sucked. Especially the end, the end was horrible.