Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was just wondering if any dupers (or those that have duped items) have had a problem getting online? I called Sega customer support for an unrelated problem (Only use the Sega brand VMUs, Memory, and 4x memory cards, trust me!) and they asked if we had any duped items, which I didn't, told us the prob was with our 4x generic memory card, and told us that on Sat night/Sun morning they implemented a block on all duped items that you wouldn't get past the lobby. I was just wondering if this plan is working?

BTW I don't care either way about duping as long as people are having fun!

PSO Assassin

I have heard some friends talking about the message that pops up and won't let them join games. Also Lamalas has no problems!!! Now I don't have to worry that some of the items I was given early on were duped!

One of my friends has also told me a potential workaround to this message, but I shall not reveal it as I do not support GS'ing or Duping in any form.

So...to my knowledge...it is working. Sega's workaround however is to go offline and drop all of your duped and/or created items, then you'll be able to log on again.

SEGA has absolutely no way of knowing the difference between a duped or not duped item just as none of us do.

What the new filter does is to not allow any gameshark modified items (i.e. Level 999 mags) into games. IF you store the item in the bank before you get the warning you may use it but if you forget to store it before the next time you join a game it will block it even if it is in the bank.This is good news...no God/HP plus 9000 online.

On te other hand, serioulsy come on...no one has anyway to tell duped items apart and if you traded for a duped item...big deal.Not many people find theses super-rares so it WAS probably duped somewhere along the line...Get over it

BTW we won't have to worry about duping in version 2 ! Which is something i'm excited about. But as long as everyone is duping and chances are some of your stuff is duped you should chill out.

PSO Assassin

"BTW we won't have to worry about duping in version 2 ! Which is something i'm excited about. But as long as everyone is duping and chances are some of your stuff is duped you should chill out."
    Hmmmm, did i miss a post? How are they planing on preventing? I hope so. Although the heaven Judgement (?) i have is probably duped, i have one thing to say, "yeah, you can have my gun. rains of death from above first!"
    laterz

The banks should be checked shortly too if whats coming down the pipe is true here.

Rappy Hunter

to get in rooms with duped or hacked weps/armors/units..etc. go offline get all of your duped/hacked weps/armor/unit ect. and put them in your bank . then bam ur in a game.

I put all my stuff that i have got through trades in my bank..... but i still cant get pass the lobby some one plz help me....

Veteran Fighter

it's simple, Red.

Dump all your ill-gotten goods, and rejoin the rest of the world.

Veteran Fighter

Hey, I couldn't remember the addy for that PSO2 idea site so I thought I'd just post it here...

All items use a creation id that is a combination of the following factors:
    Area, Time, Spawn: boxes should all have a unique number, ditto with monsters, and if..
    Offline: serial number and access key combined and encrypted
    Online: ship, block, game #( all game's online should be assign an id)

If this system was used, wouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE for any item to have the same ID?
    Meaning, have the servers check for identical item id's and if found, destroy both copies. That'd about do it for duping, right? ^_^
    Also, there should be strict error checking, for IDs that can't exist. Times before/after the game was released/current time, ship/game numbers out of bounds, wrong monster numbers...blah blah.
    That'd kill off gamesharking an item's ID

That'd cost money to set up that programming and servers to search for the checksums of each item