Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

pls answer the topic, and why u cant?

You can play it offline but I think that you have to have xbox live first and also a Hunter's license. So there would be no reason to play offline when you are paying to play online anyway(IMO this is just another way for microsoft to make more money than is useful!!!!! MICROSOFT is the devil although
    I like their products

You can do offline but you only need a xbox live. You don't need a hunters id.

Veteran Fighter

another reason xbox sucks.. all microsoft cares about is your money going to them

PSO Assassin

Cant you think outside the box....The reason you have to have x-box live is so You have to get patches and downloads to play. To fix problems like DUPING

Excecutor, if you have a friend that is willing to copy their gamertag to your Xbox HD then you will not need Xbox Live to play offline.

Micah, the reason the tag feature was left in was due to the original game being bundled in with the Xbox Live service in Japan. Anyone that owned PSO also had the Live service so the need for a gamertag was put into the game's program. According to Microsoft, if this was removed for the US version the game would have been delayed again. I think MSFT got tired of the "Give us our damned PSO for Xbox you 'insert set of swear words here'!" e-mails.

SO???! Don't you people see? why would they make it required to play offline. That is dumb. You have to spend an extra 50$$ to play a game offline so 100$ to play a game gamecube owners got for 50$ I agree with Micah. MICROSOFT steals money.

But why really buy PSO if you do not have live anyway? Sure it can be fun offline but they didnt put the word ONLINE in the name so they could say "Hey look at me i have the word online in my name i got 3 words in my name im better than you." ALSO consider the fact that PSO is competely set for multiplayer online play if you havent noticed. It was meant for online and thats why it is required. That really should not have to be a question answered by others. The only reason i was at first dissapointed is you had to have a credit card to get a HL when i didnt have one Otherwise the 8.95 a month didnt phase me

Seriously, people. Stopping bashing the X-Box version. When one of the biggest Nintendo fanboys is giving a warning, it means something. Heh.

The reasoning behind leaving in the XBL requirement makes sense to me. And as for the $100 pricetag... odds are you'll have XBL for another game. And besides, you have to pay for the BBA for the Gamecube, which makes it $90. If I had the choice, I'd probably play PSO on X-Box, if only for the voice chat. (Then again... I did really like Seat of the Heart and Dream Messenger... Bah. Oh well.)

Hater of mag-lovers

"That is dumb. You have to spend an extra 50$$ to play a game offline so 100$ to play a game gamecube owners got for 50$ I agree with Micah. MICROSOFT steals money."

First of all, you don't have to pay an extra 50 bucks to play PSO. You pay 50 bucks for XBL, which is a service itself. You get the headset, a demo, and a year of XBL to play MANY XBL games.

Saying the Xbox version costs 100 bucks (actually, 90 would be more correct), is like saying the Xbox version costs 500 bucks a month, since that how much you'll spend on food to keep you alive to play PSO, shelter to play PSO in, clothes to keep you warm etc... The game is 40 bucks. XBL, food, shelter etc... are all also required, but are services in and of themself and worth the money without PSO- and have other uses than for PSO.

Of course there is also the monthly fee, but that is shared in both versions.

Second of all, PSO is 40 bucks new on the Xbox (which is why I said "90" above, not 100). So an Xbox owner only pays 40 for the game. No more. The 50 for XBL gets you XBL. It's not an extra fee. It allows you to play all XBL games.

Third of all, GC owners have to buy the adapter to play PSO online. It's also 40 bucks (about).

Yes, for someone that doesn't want XBL, and wants to play PSO offline, PSOX is a rip off. But those people are the minority. Online, the Xbox version is, IMO, a far better deal than PSO-GC online.

Does MS steal your money? Yes. So does Nintendo. MS sucks, but Nintendo is just as bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-21 23:44 ]</font>