Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Lone Ranger

Haven't noticed something lately? With these duped weapons and hackers with hacked weapons,the game is already getting to a point where it's boring.
    Everytime I go to a EPI game with a boss the following things happen:
    The Dragon:Once the dragon faints there's a 95% chance that the dragon will die because of high level mags and hacked or duped weapons.
    De Rol Le:Once he gets o the raft and his shell is cracked open,he'll die the second he'll gets off.
    Volt Opt:Shockily,this is the only boss thats challaging.
    Dalk Falz:Also another boss thats challeging too.

As you can see with the hacked weapons the game that promotes teamwork (something that in the real world over-hyped by TV shows like Yu-Gi-Oh *shrugs* and skill is truned into a game that you try to get to level 200 in less than 2 months (Unless you've played with the JP players on their servers).
    As I was saying about the glich,the team I've played had 2 FO's,one HU and one RA,that was me. The two Fo's have these mag tails (They're already hacked because they're not released offically by Sonic Team) When we get to the boss in the caves that's where the game crashed.Here's how it happned:Once the intro mive of it's entrance was done,the two FO's started using Gi-zonde on the creature,the techniques ATP was 275 and since to my knowledge that it can hit the creature in seven places the ATP total was 1925 points per cast.They both do the gi spell on the create so that's 3850pts. And they both done it before De Rol Re threw the exploding spikes.Then after we delt with that it came by the left side of the raft.He kept swimming there for 1 minute before the crash settled in. Luckly I only lost a few mates.

So after spending the night and morning thinking about it I've came to two conclsuions:
    1.The characters were way to high for this difficutly(BTW the difficulty level I've played in for this game is Very Hard)
    2.The way they programmed the boss is resonsible and/or the it's attrabutes (HP total,Tech resists).
    or
    3.The character used a hacked mag (must be those lvl 999 ones) and hacked items to for this to happen.

This is the end result of cheating,duping and hacking:The game is being turned into a supped up verrsion of PSO Ver.1(Luckly with out the infamous NOL'ings that forced to me to take a early retirement.) An I remnbered that Sonic Team will try their best to curb cheating in both versions...except for the recent patch for the xbox version and the banned items list for the GC versions,it's still rampant.

So there are two solutions:
    1.A banned weapons list for both versions that includes all hacked items and weapons includng the mags I've mentioned.
    2.Include a version checker for those to see the differences between:
    -Ver. number of the client
    -Patches that are already on the server
    -And any differences between the server and client
    (Basicly it would be similar to Everquest's way to check clients for any alteration from the main server.)

These proceddures will reduce the number of hackers by up to 90%.Even though some of you think that they'll be less customers,hey if it means no FSOD's from lobbies I'm in.And a way to report sites that provide users to alter PSO system data by downloading patches.These sites need to be delt with also.

In conclusion:If Microsoft and Sonic Team don't act now,not tommorrow,not next week,not next month,NOW! If not,this could be end, not for the this game but for the entrie PSO series itself (THat means if they let the things the way they are, that means no sequel for you guys). They can take the first step now.

P.S. on gamers.com I read that Sonic Teamm will merge with United Game Artists,meaning for us hopefully,UGA will talk dome sense to ST into reduce if not eradicate all hackers.

P.S.S:If you haveyou a character over 110,do not go to VH mode online or any other difficulty modes below VH.Unless you like buzzing FSOD's.

P.S.S.S:This might my longest post in any BBS I've been to ever.

old school fanatic

That's quite a mouthful. However, my friends and I can kill Del Rol le as soon as he gets on the raft. This is with all legit characters and items. All you need is a 4 person PB combo w/the twins before fighting the boss. There is usually a few really high levels in the group. This is in Ultimate mode.

EDIT: why would you go into VH mode at lvl 110 unless you were helping out a friend?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gallaugher on 2003-07-23 14:53 ]</font>

The Lone Ranger

Actully I'm not lvl 110. I'm was on level 64 when that happened.

And they attacked the creature and killed him before he ever got to on boat and when he was swimming on the raft while being attacked with gi-zonde(not my fault) for 1 minute the game crashed. And what your saying is that you only save your heaviest and normal attacks (Like PB's,heavy technique spells,etc) when he's on the raft;Is that right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jkid on 2003-07-23 15:44 ]</font>

old school fanatic

The lvl 110 comment was a reference to your P.S.S.

You actually said: De Rol Le:Once he gets o the raft and his shell is cracked open,he'll die the second he'll gets off.

My reply was that 4 people can kill Del Rol after only 1 raft landing w/o crazy dupes. We don't save attacks for that point but Del Rol doesn't leave the raft alive.

mags mean nothing in the end, hacked mags are just for the lazy...
    you can make 186 mind mags if you care for it, you can do the same with pow mags, dex as well... the only tricky stat is that of def...def is impossible to get above 100 really i would think on a legit mag...

so people using rare mags really doesn't change balance much... they were most likely using 25-30 techs, mst mags and other crap....this was vhard after all

Veteran Fighter

sad...

lol, the game won't crash if you attack something TOO hard, that's rediculous.
    ive never seen a lvl 999 mag.
    that worm is easy, a team of 4 could kill it if they were all using dragon slayers.
    maybe you just crashed because of your router/56k connection

The Lone Ranger

Actully,I was playing PSO Xbox with a broadband connection.Did you read the whole thing?

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

I'm kind of susicuous of that too. It doesn't sound like something that normaly happenes even when something is hacked. It might have just been a wild bug that caused the crash, you can't ever get all of those out.

del rol le has what...12-15 target points?
    now if 2 people are using a fairly high level gizonde which will be hitting 24 targets or so over and over and over....

this game was never truly made perfect for the xbox, it still suffers from slowdowns... how many people have seen it happen with a heaven's punisher special and a force casting?.. i think this is just a matter of the game not being optimized for the situation.... nothing to do with cheating