Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

We are discussing abolishing the trade forums because the only purpose it is serving to our knowledge is to assist dupers in trading their wares. This is against what we stand for.

I will not start a contrast and compare but I will let you decide the fate of the Trade forums.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

I don't know that disbanding the trade forum is such a great idea. Granted its basically duper central, if it were gone, they would probably flood into the general forum. I would hate for this place to turn into gfaqs (even though they have also created their own trade forum, and for the most part there are no more trade posts in their general forum, just bullcrap posts mostly). Now, is that going to happen, maybe, if you think the possibility of traders posting thier wares in the general forum is little or none, and if you dont mind deleting said posts, I would be ok with it.

The original Drunk FOmarl

I for one feel that the trade forum has run its course. It's sorta pointless now, as everything up for grabs or wanted belongs to a few (highly duped) ultra-rares. The average user no longer uses it. I say junk it. It's only taking up bandwidth.

I used to love the trade forum a awhile back (pre-dupe), but now it's nearly impossible to unload something like a Visk (even with nice percentages) because the dupers have flooded the market with weapons 10x better.

PSO Assassin

I dont think it should be done away with. I personally think there is some legitimate trade going on there (although Ive never actually gone through with one from that board, the people I try to trade with never show) and by getting rid of that forum you run the risk of filling this place with threads like "need double saber"

While I kinda agree, I'd have to suggest that we leave it for a few more weeks, just to see. SEGA's server mods are progressing in a pretty orderly fashion, I suspect in a few weeks (myabe sooner!) they'll have implemented mods to both block dupers as well as duped items. Once this has been done, many (certainly not all) of the dupes will have been purged from the system, and 'legitimate' trading can begin anew.

The original Drunk FOmarl

Yeah, I failed to take into consideration the influx of "I need a lavis cannon" posts in the general forum. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

I personaly don't care if you keep it or not. I say delete it, if it will make the site go faster.

I'm another one that doesn't mind either way. I don't trade...like ever, so it really holds no real value to me. I agree with the fact that it's giving dupers a place to spread their crap, but...then again, so is the chatroom.

You know what, you need to give up on your perosnal quest to end Duping. No matter what we all try to do to stop it, it aint gona happen. I am against duping but to abolish the Trading boards because some people choose to do dupe is not fair for people like me who use these boards as a way to trade fairly, and securly. Ever since i began trading on these boards i havent been cheated once.

Now Ambrai, answer me this. Whats more important, pleasing us true PSO World fans by keeping the board up, or by taking it down because you beleive duping has gotten out of hand.

Face it. Ending the trading boards will not stop, or slow down duping. the only people able of doing so is Sega. The only thing you will accomplish buy taking down the Trading post, is a loss of viewers including me.

So I strongly suggest that you DO NOT take it down. And Ambrai, why are you giving duping so much atention?!? It ticks me off when evryone talks about it so much! You are encouraging newbies to find out what this process is. So if you plan doing your job which is moderating do so. Have Raganark block messages of those who encourage duping or anyhting of that nature. Dont hurt us, the fare traders who will be affected the most out of a stupid decision that may arise due to your guy's "quest to end duping".

Sorry if i seem rude, or mean but, I have allways hated the fact that when one person does something wrong, others suffer. Its not fare, and i wont stand for it.

Dont take the trading board down.

Your moderators so moderate. Dont take the lazy way out and ban the whole boards alltogether.

Cube, think of the trading forums as a big piece of food that's fallen on the floor. The food attracts ants. The dupers are the ants. What do you do? You dispose of the food. Not because it's going to starve the ants and destroy an entire species, it just so you can get rid of the ants and stop the accelerated spread of the the pests.