I know cramming two topics into one thread is asking for trouble, but here goes. A little while ago someone posted a trick to get tons of rare monsters-- find a room full of the common variant. The game doesn't keep the monster in memory if it has 'fresh' stats-- i.e. no status changes, max HP, everything's the same as when it showed up. If you leave the area and return (via Ryuker/telepipe) it simply re-spawns a fresh monster, and every time it does that there's a chance that it may spawn up the Rare variation (Al Rappy instead of Rag Rappy, etc).

Well, I tried it. It works, sort of. I spent abou a hundred telepipes and couldn't get a hildablue, but I managed to get two Rag Rappies in about an hour and a half. First time took me 14 pipes, second took me about 40. This is a time-and-money consuming method (I finally just switched over to Ryuker since I can get 57 of those out of one TP bar), but it beats the alternative (dumb luck) if you're on a hardcore rare item hunt. Yes, one rare monster per hour of sitting there searching seems pretty bad, till you consider the alternative-- from hour 1 to hour 126 of Gericault, I saw a grand total of one Al Rappy. In the last three hours, I managed to get two. Not too shabby, eh? Too bad they just dropped meseta and a difluid. Grumble.

Anyway, I've heard from various people on the board that while it is possible to run into Rare Monsters on Quests, they will -never- drop a Rare Item (Mag Cell, Egg Blaster, etc). Can anyone confirm or debunk this? Anyone ever gotten anything on a Quest rarer than stat materials? (other than Soul Eater / Frying Pan of course)

Thanks.

i've tried that method. gave up after depleting 2 full tp bars ( i have 700 tp) without seeing an ai rappy.

214 hours so far. i have found nothing rare...

Well I tried that a few days ago, and after 20 or so pipes I found nothing. However, when a V.hard Newbie(lv.40) decided to join the game, he took a brand spakin new legit Durandal that was dropped from a Hildeblue right in front of me. I killed it, so the Durandal would be mine correct? Well this ass hole said "tough luck" and had the nerve to continue playing in front of me with the weapon. I was waiting for him to die so i could take what was rightfully mine, but what ticked me off even more was when he started bragging about his brand new God/Hp++

I cant wait till Psov2.0 comes out, then cheating, duping, and hacks will be a bitch to get through.

Well I tried that a few days ago, and after 20 or so pipes I found nothing. However, when a V.hard Newbie(lv.40) decided to join the game, he took a brand spakin new legit Durandal that was dropped from a Hildeblue right in front of me. I killed it, so the Durandal would be mine correct? Well this ass hole said "tough luck" and had the nerve to continue playing in front of me with the weapon. I was waiting for him to die so i could take what was rightfully mine, but what ticked me off even more was when he started bragging about his brand new God/Hp++

I cant wait till Psov2.0 comes out, then cheating, duping, and hacks will be a bitch to get through.

Veteran Fighter

I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or doing it wrong. Does it count as 'changing the status' if the monsters start walking towards you? And do you teleport in and out of the 'room' or do you walk into the room and back out?

Veteran Fighter

Arg, I just got an Al Rappy using the trick on Very Hard, outside of a quest, and I got 2000 Meseta. More than other monsters give... but hardly worthy of something to get from something you have so little change of seeing.

Veteran Fighter

Well, after repeating the proceedure because I Said "There just has to be more!" my next Al Rappy produced a Flowens shield. More defense than my Celestial, but over 100 less EVP. Oh well, at least it's a rare! Better than meseta.

Really, I've fought a poilly slime, Hildablu, and Al rappys and never got anything rare. But newayz, whats the procedure, do you put a telepipe in the room with the monsters or put it out of the room and just run in and out.
    BTW how many times did it take you SHIr?

Veteran Fighter

Well, most rappys I can find in one place outside of a quest is three, I just put Ryuker in the room a lot of times, watch them drop from thes ky, if there's no blue one, zap back to Pioneer and repeat.
    The first time it took me about 20 minutes, the second time it took me 10 or so. I suppose it helps when you're doing something else at the time to pass the time. I'm trying once more, if I don't get anything more spiffy than the flowen's shield, I'm gonna go after some Nar Lilys or something.

just keep piping in and out and in and out, as long as the enemies keep re-spawning every time. (leaping in from offscreen, teleporting in, falling from the sky, whatever)