Sorry for another mag thread in general, but you know, more people read general (blah.. happens in every forum), but this may be pretty interesting to some.

I made a char with a secret costume (the black/red one for RAmars) and I noticed his mag was black. BLACK black, looked like a blot of ink was following me around. Just to be sure I made a RAmar with the normal black suit, and it gave me a grey/purple mag instead, which I remember seeing before. I then made another RAmar with same secret costume to see if maybe it's just one of the secret costumes that DID get a custom mag color - but got a purple mag instead. Both times same section ID, so that doesn't appear to matter.

So, my question/theory is this - perhaps there's a chance to get "rare" mag colors randomly with secret costumes?

You think too much...

Veteran Fighter

With the unlocked costumes, the mag doesn't have a normal color to key off of... and so you get assigned one randomly. (they normally key off of costume color, and some ranger mags key off secID color)

This can leave you with a mag color that's otherwise rare (like black) or a common one that just looks crappy with your costume. (case in point: a white mag with my orange/grey HUcast. If I was interested in fashion at all, I'd be livid.)

Sweetness.. considering this character looks like a spy straight out of a MGS type game, I'll have to raise this black one for him to be more stealth-like :P

Yeah, sometimes you get lucky... For my force character, I decided to make Itzcoatl as 'goth' as I could, just for fun. I choose the black/red-trim 'secret' costume, black hair, very tall (so as to get as narrow a costume's 'hips' as possible), the white-face makeup option, etc.

Well, the first incarnation of Itz (seen in my sig) had a yellow mag as the random (bleah). But I accidentally overwrote her ($#*&!), so had to recreate her anew. And, not only was the new random mag the pure-black version, when she finally got it up to the proper level, it ended up evolving into the 'bat-winged' Mag. How serendipidous!

PSO Assassin

I made a HUmar named Parn (yes, from the anime) and used one brownish/copper color secret costume so as to look as much like his armor as possible from the movie. My mags thus far have taken on the color of that costume...I don't know if there is another regular costume that is of similar color or not. *shrug*...

In my experience - which includes observation of several teammates and about a dozen recreations of my red-armoured RAcaseal - secret-costumed characters *always* get cyan (lightish blue) as their MAG colour. How are you all getting copper and black and yellow? oO

The 3 chars I've made with secret costumes have gotten Purple, Yellow and pure Black as mag colors.

I made a Skyly RAmar with the secret red/black outfit some time ago, and his original MAG also came out black. I haven't tried giving him any other virgin MAGs to see what'll happen, but it's a thought to test it on a few of those twelve or so baby MAGs I've got in storage. I'll get back to you on this.