Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A friend and I started playing challenge yesterday, for 3 and a half hours, we played with 2 other people, we got a good map (first room had 2 rappys and a gobooma) and we kept on losing at the dragon. I was a humar, my friend a force, and the two other guys were hucasts. The other people's record was 7 mins 20 seconds on Stage one with 4 hucasts. We almost beat that. We got 7 mins 22 seconds with 2 hucasts, 1 humar, 1 force and 2 people were noobies at Challenge. I love challenge, no damn hacks or dupes!

Don't worry about beating C1 with record times the very first time (s) you run through it.
    Altough I'm very impressed (7 minutes!), you should focus on just learning the stage, practicing teamwork and having fun.

After all, you can retry any stage after you have beaten it, to better the times.

Oh, and tip for the dragon on Cmode?
    Two normal hit combo on the side of its foot, back away, repeat. When it falls down, keep hitting it there or move to its head. That way you save on mates (the dragon won't be squashing the HUcasts so often and thus, no need to heal too often)

BTW, if you ever need help with Cmode, PM me... I already beaten it thrice with very good times, so I'm always looking for people to help out.

to rule out damage cancel, every player should attack a different target. for example when he's down, one should go after the right foot, one after the left, and the strongest (hucast) for the head. forces can barta (if they have) any part of him.

this is however TA-strategy.

good luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-08-15 07:17 ]</font>

When we fought the dragon, our team died there so many times. So many graves. I had three, one person had 4, another had 2, and the force had 1. It came down on me to kill me a lot, until last run when I got 8 monomates and 2 hp mats I used, then I was in business and was the only one doing Heavy heavy heavy attacks and not worrying about dying. The two hucasts best time was 7 mins, 20 secs and they thought they beat it when they saw 7 mins, 18 secs when we killed it, but timer still going after that...

That's strange... never knew the timer kept on running. I've always seen it stop the moment the dragon finally dies.
    Still, congratulations!

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

the only fun in PSO is challenge mode

On 2003-08-17 07:11, Shattered_weasel wrote:
    the only fun in PSO is challenge mode
    Most true. But then, if you have great friends, that also makes it worhtwhile.
    ^-^

Oh yeah I remember that day DesrtFox that is the best map for c1 so I thought until I got the 7"08 on my other Character, I was kinda pissed that I didn't get it with Gouken.

The lonely RAcast

The first time I actually played C-Mode was offline when I was able to round up 2 of my friends at the same time(which doesnt happen often). Me, my 2 friends and my bro decided to do c-mode since all our levels were really different. I was a FOmar, my bro was a HUmar, and my friends were a HUcast and a RAmar. We did pretty well until we reached that one area with 2 teleporters. WE thought the one behind us would just bing us back to where we were and just ignored it. Big Mistake!

When we got to the dragon we only faild once. Fsckin dragon landed 2 direct hits on my FOmar, I died both times and had only one scape doll at the time.

Than we did C2 and declared it too hard. I didnt know dragons were weak to barta at the time so we suffered quite a bit!

Disgruntled Culinarian/ Commis become Master

On 2003-08-15 10:31, DesertFox wrote:
    It came down on me to kill me a lot, until last run when I got 8 monomates and 2 hp mats I used
    although i don't have a time anywhere near that, please remember this:

-share your monomates
    -HP mats should go to the FO

the dragon doesn't randomly fall on people... you have to watch your map and it's EXTREMELY easy from becomming a pancake... its a bit more difficult to stop him from hitting you during his tunneling action, but still doable..