Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

How come so many people feel they need to pass down level 200 mags for their new characters? It just makes the game incredibly easy. Same thing with cheaters. They go to level 100 right away, and then create 10,000 materials to max their stats. How fun can that be when you kill everything in one shot?

I'm a Savage Wolf, grr baby!

Just something to note, how fun is it to use a lavis cannon? *points to Gliders sig*

On another note, I have two new chars. A FOnewm, of which I passed down a level 200 mag, and a HUnewearl, of which is going to be totally legit. With my Shakalaka (Hunewearl) I'm not going to recieve anything from anyone. Only one thing and that is going to be a mag, but I'm going to raise my first mag on Shakalaka to level 200, before I transfer it, so it will be even "trade." I find it MUCH more fun to play with my Shakalaka then my FOnewm.

I borrowed a Lavis Cannon to take a picture. The Lavis Cannon is actually very fun to use, too bad I can't find a legit one. Since I'm at level 100 nothing is much of a challenge to my Hucast.

The thing is, I have a RAmar who has no passed down items, and at level 17 he is way too easy to use. I hope Ultimate mode is much much much harder, and the new monsters actually have powerfull distance attacks(a lot of monsters do have long distance attacks, but most are weak and easy to dodge).

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

I'll tell you why I do. Almost all of my friends play on V-hard. So when I start a new character, we'll still play together, but I feel real bad having them hang out in normal mode with me. So I'll import a mag and go straight to the ruins. That way I get level 20 in just a few hours. For me the appeal of the game has never really been the challenge as much as being with friends. Not to mention the real challenge awaits in V-hard, along with the loot. Don't get me wrong, I do love a challenge. But I don't look for it in normal mode. I look to get out of normal mode.

Veteran Fighter

amen danger girl.. i feel the exact same way.. after taking two characters all the way to 100 and beyond.. i dont really feel like slogging through normal again... one exception would be if i started a character in a different class than one i have played before.. i.e. my force doesnt get much help from my lev 100 ranger or hunter.. although the ranger doesnt get much playing time these days

Yeah, it's all about being in Very Hard with friends. At first I thought giving my newbies heavy mags was akin to cheating, making it too easy, then I rememberd the reason I was making new chars: To see the differences in section ID's. Which I need them to be high levels to buy good stuff or hold their own in very hard where the goods are. So now I just let them rock normal and hard.

I see your point. It's a pain to get a higher level friend to join you in normal. Still, if you really are starting over, you shouldn't be passing some items.

I love challenges, it can make things even more fun. Plus if you got everything and anything, what do you do next, you got everything?? Not to mention the feeling of accomplishment of so much hard work. Really feels good.

Speaking of passing down weapons, I primarily passed down weapons/items to a another character I was starting with because my first character's inventory was completely full, I had to dump some stuff. And I mainly passed down weapons/items that weren't rare at all, things that my new character would've found eventually. I ended up dumping some of the passed down items anyway, once I found out that it wasn't useful enough. Someone gave me a Varista which I passed down to my second character. At LV 16 I was ready to equip, I was like WOW. Funny thing is I don't use it much. I prefer my Master's Shot, which is like 2 or 3 stars on the rarity level, as opposed to the 9 star, not to mention 200pts less damaging. Yea the Varista can dish out more damage, but I like using da shot, since it helps me get extra experience, when I get the chance to shoot the special. Plus, the spread shot can give some kind of advantage to a low level. Heck it helped me level much faster than my Force.

XPunanny LV48 (FOnewm)
    DCMarine LV25 (RAcast)

In any other RPG I'd be somewhat against twinking, for a few reasons, but in PSO I just don't care. Mainly because of 2 things, like people have said, vhard = where it's at. Why would you want to spend more time in norm/hard when friends 'cant' play with you, and nothing good ever drops? (well, sometimes, but y'know.) Another reason is muling. I've been playing twin a lot lately, and his bank just fills up with good stuff for my other characters, don't wanna just let it go to waste..

But I do agree with the no-challenge crap.. this game is so easy it's not funny.. no idea how 1 new difficulty from level 100-200 is going to work either, it better bring new meaning to the word 'insane'.. like, if 100's even dare try it they'd better save every monomate they find cause they're gonna need it. That's what I'm hoping anyway but I have a hunch it's gonna be super-easy as well.