Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First off, let me say a quick hello to everyone, and my compliments on a great community site.

Anyhow, main question. I'm still awaiting the arrival of my PSO CD in the new few days, and I have learned there is only a 1 character per VMU restriction. Is there any way around this if you have an official release 4 page unit? Thanks.

Well, its 1 Character per VMU, and yes you can have 4 characters with a 4x card of any type.

Can't wait to play then and try all the classes... thanks!

heh just bought a x4 myself last nite for PSO, along with a keyboard and combo mem/jumpack.

DCKaz

I was thinking of picking up the keyboard adapter myself if I can spare the cash just in case the "quick talk" menu is way too limiting. Plus I have to see those special Alt poses.

hmm.. the x4 gives me save errors occasionally, sometimes not saving at all it appears.. how are others doing with the x4?

(not segas.. i think interacts)

Veteran Fighter

Not a Sega 4X? Well there's your problem...

I hate to say it, but VMUs are really one place you should never skimp.

Buy Sega. Out of all the people I've talked to, they never seem to give errors. (Which is suprising for a multicard on ANY system)

If you just can't bear the thought of buying a Sega one (why the hell not???) then try MadCatz... Their stuff is usually decent, although I've had to throw my MadCatz Keyboard Adapter against the wall on a couple occasions to get it to work. (I'm not kidding, ask Russian.)

not skimping at all, if I could find the frigging thing I'd own it. Guess I might have to buy online or something.

DCKaz

edit- also note there are issues with segas own x4. Just so happened PSO made me need memory bad, and the *only* option I found having more than 200 blocks shopping all over was that one. I'm also trying a memory/feedback combo for the hell of it, which seems to work ok memorywise, just not sure about the jump.. lol.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DCKaz on 2001-02-08 12:28 ]</font>

Well DC, I'm sorry to hear you can't get your hands on a Sega 4x. I have a gaming store a few blocks away with a whole shelf of them they are trying to clear, so they don't seem that rare to me. Maybe you should try to find a smaller chain store, or one that handles import games... those seem to be the ones with the largest selections on accessories.

And Seut, you had to throw the adapter against the wall? I hope mine isn't THAT tempermental.

"To know what you do not know is the best." -Lao Tzu

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2001-02-08 14:57 ]</font>

The night I got my mad catz keyboard adapter, it would get stuck and repeate certian keys like:

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

unplug, put back in and then it would work fine.. Once I played again the next day -- no problems.

I bought a plain ole sega VMU for PSO ONLY. no other saves. Everything else, I keep as is.. I like to keep my stuff safe.