I've been looking around this board and seeing posts about beauty contests, finding weapons, etc... But we all seem to be forgetting the people who make it all possible. The Lobby Workers.

Earlier this morning I had a nice 2 hour conversation with one of the resident receptionists, and after hearing what she had to say, quite frankly, I'm disgusted with all of us.

Without them, none of us would have a leg to stand on. They're always there when we need them, always patient and tolerant no matter what we do, and sometimes they even have to take care of groups of us at once! They get us into the teams we're trying to get into, they help us with creating our own teams, and making sure no unsavoury types come in, and through all of this they stay courteous and polite to us. They don't even ask anything in return!

After all they have to do, with their 24+ hour shifts that they work (at minimum wage, no less), after all the busy, disrespectful players, and all the blathering idiots in the lobbies asking if they can have a Rappy's Right Ear or whatever the case may be, sometimes even after a particularly rude player may even openly insult them, they continue working for us, and doing as we need them to. And does ANYONE ever compliment them, or even thank them? Not that I've seen.

But we can help to change this, at least a little. It's the very least you can do to at least thank them for all their help, or to just say "Good job!" once in a while. All the while, we run around like little buggers, just looking out for ourselves, and they sit there at that counter silently suffering.

They need help, and I say we can give it to them. Let's help them Unionize, so they can have better working conditions. 24 hours on your feet in one place without a break could kill someone, considering how often they work like this. We need to help them fight the machine, and get a little time to themselves. Does anyone ever think they might have families? Nope. Ever consider they might have better things to do than help some ignorant twit who can't decide which team looks like it will love him? Not really. The first thing that springs to mind when I see this is: "What the hell are we doing?!?"

I'm willing to bet that the only reason they aren't complaining is that they were threatened with being fired if they spoke out against these conditions. We have the power to help these poor men and women out, and we have no reason not to do so.

Remember... One day you're going strong in some beauty contest, the next you could be working a dead-end job behind a counter while some moron comes in and complains to you about so-and-so being a PK and how he can;t get no Devil/Techs around here.