Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Lone Ranger

Editor's note:The 1st topic I made about this didn't made sense to some people. So I decided to make another topic about this.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    It seems that there are two ways of getting ahead in PSO:
    1)Gradully make your way,legit.
    or
    2)Cut corners all the way to get to the good stuff early.(For people who use AL Rappies,hacked mags,etc)

There are many reasons that most cheaters shouldn't be cheapen the experence for everyone:

Rare weapons:If players have completed the offline mode and unlocked the higher difficulties,they could be doing item runs. That way they can look for a rare item again and again until they find it. Also while they're doing it, they'll keep gaining levels.

Mags: Who needs hacked mags anyway,if hey have time and fed their mags if they wanted to make them stronger they can feed it up to a point where it's easier for them. If you don't understand here's the full list:
    POW:200= 400+ATP
    DEF:200=200+ DEF (I wouldn't know about the max stat for this)
    DEX:200=100+ ATA
    MIND:200=400+ MST

If you character want to get stronger, you can fed the mag the approvate stat so they can get stronger for the other stats, same thing. Also, if your lucky you can get rare mag also.

And I also forgot about the special ablities of weapons:If you use them properly,enemies that many players have problems with will be a piece of cake.
    To make an example, well use a Debiter (The monster that charges at you alot.) you can frezze it so that other players can attack it with out being hurt. OR ,for the "Dim" series weapons if you have enough ATP to make a hit on them, the monster will die instantly!

Okay,I talked about feeding mags,looking for rare weapons or items, special ablities. I have one aspect that's very important: The Community. If you make friends using your guild cards, you can meet up with them to have more adventures with them. Also Clans and Guilds (If you play in the JP servers alot, you would know them as "Teams") have many people playing together, trading items or stragies, or just chatting.

And I forgot one more aspect,teamwork! I mean if have the perfect team (2 HU's, one RA and 1 FO) you can have a much enjoyable experence. Trust me, I've been in a few of them to experence what it's like.

In conculsion:Who needs Al Rappies,Max Stats,hacked weapons and mags, or GOD/Equip? If any PSO player knows all of these, they can have a fun time.

P.S. I got two things to say for Jack and Dragon_Knight:
    1) I'm not an Canadian (and if you read my info below my advatar,I'm from Maryland.
    and 2)I just made the term as a refernce to a movie called "Blade": "Some mother****ers are always tring to iceskate uphill." The words that I put in the title in my essay as a reference to cheaters that cheape the PSO online experence.

=)

In a recent poll made by Gamers.com (results published in this month's EGM, btw), 70%+ people who voted say, "Cheaters never prosper!" The other 25%- or so are further split in three areas on the cheat device of choice.

So, um, yeah, pwning leh-jit is pwning expertly.

The Lone Ranger

On 2003-09-07 13:27, Reenee wrote:
    In a recent poll made by Gamers.com (results published in this month's EGM, btw), 70%+ people who voted say, "Cheaters never prosper!" The other 25%- or so are further split in three areas on the cheat device of choice.

So, um, yeah, pwning leh-jit is pwning expertly.
    I don't understand what you're saying,in english please.

2)I just made the term as a refernce to a movie called "Blade": "Some mother****ers are always tring to iceskate uphill." The words that I put in the title in my essay as a reference to cheaters that cheape the PSO online experence.

=)
    I understand what you are saying now, but you must realize that you are using the phrase "iceskating uphill" incorrectly in this instance. Thats what caused the confusion. It is a good phrase when used properly, but in this case it just makes your point harder to understand. Iceskating uphill would not have anything to do with cheapening the PSO experience. What you are saying when you use it that way, is that cheaters are having a difficult time (which they aren't). "Cheapening" and "difficulty" are not synonymous in this case. Apparently you misunderstood what Blade was referencing in the movie. Possibly you thought he meant "people are always trying to mess things up for others" but that isn't correct. Anyway, I understand what you mean now and hopefully the others will also.

I agree with what you are saying, but was confused by the title.

Don't you mean that some people choose the more difficult "legit" route than cheating? But then you would be talking negatively about playing legit as the quote isn't a very positive one

Confuzzled! :S

actually he said it right, skating uphill in this case means that its harder. But yes i agree they do cheapen teh experience, very much
    on thing i didnt agree with u on was this

"And I forgot one more aspect,teamwork! I mean if have the perfect team (2 HU's, one RA and 1 FO) you can have a much enjoyable experence. Trust me, I've been in a few of them to experence what it's like."

that is not, i repeat IS NOT, the perfect team. It makes the one FOrce work to hard and the RAnger must aim for certain things while the HUnters kill things fast legit or not legit, they excel in getting the job done fast, and thats killing.

but over and over they do ruin the game

On 2003-09-08 01:10, BOmar wrote:
    I agree with what you are saying, but was confused by the title.

Don't you mean that some people choose the more difficult "legit" route than cheating? But then you would be talking negatively about playing legit as the quote isn't a very positive one

Confuzzled! :S
    actually...thats a perfect team, its not like hunters are inept in magic all together...and rangers are borderline forces....and a force...is a lazy bum..with magic...strength, accuracy, and spellcasting ability

On 2003-09-08 07:02, pancakebunny wrote:

actually...thats a perfect team, its not like hunters are inept in magic all together...and rangers are borderline forces....and a force...is a lazy bum..with magic...strength, accuracy, and spellcasting ability
    Stereotypes but true: Hunters have a tendency to not bother to resta themselves (they also _can't_ cast S/D) and yes, they tend to be long rangers and run ahead and slay slay slay...grab boxes and the fluids too to fund the 'big boom'. When I do see a hunter use magic, it's rafoie. No J/Z or any of that stuff...

Rangers: yes, they've got goodies, yes they should be using them. They are lacking j/z though.

Forces: Their techs are the highest, therefore them giving the S/D is longer lasting than the S/D from others, due to level 30 possibilities. Therefore, it's prefered that they cast the S/D (However, I recomend that if it starts wearing off, and the force is occupied, someone else cast it if it needs doing. And it saves the force some fluids)...

I guess what I"m saying is that most of the time 'teams' like this still don't jell together and help out despite the fact that there are four players in a game that happen to meet the character class attributes. Some of the best games I've played in actually had two FOs... And if you've a droid in the game, having other people give you that resta can make all the difference...

lets put it in a legit's perspective.

We prefer to use every inch of our characters ability if the need arises. One of the most important abilities that a legit hardly ever has to use is teamwork, since we are in such low numbers. I DO NOT GIVE SHIFTA AND DEBAND TO ILLEGITIMATES, why? because u dont deserve it, pointblank. also the 2Hu 1RA 1 FO is not the best team I REPEAT IS NOT THE BEST TEAM!!!!! it is only a rumor and myth. the HU's can fend for themselves more than a FOrce can. Thus the perfect team in my opinion is a team that is nOObless because a nOOb can mess up anybody's team.

o yeah i just wanted to say this even though it is irrelavant, how come on Maury the female gets a good man then goes and cheats on him, i meen dang we are already in low numbers and high demand!!!

uhh...yeah....lay off the maury, homeslice