Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello everyone I am proud to say that I just bought PSO and it's better then anyone has every said. I have one problem though:

I chose to be a Ranger to be specific RAmar, I love using guns and it enables me to get some hits in before everyone kills the enemy but my hit points suck for a level 40. So I am thinking that I am feeding my Mag wrong. My Mag is a level 81 and its name is Kaitabha my friend told me that to only feed it Antidotes, which I have since day one. Now all my bro's are achieving hit points up to 300+ and I average 75 or so.

So I guess my question is should I start feeding it material to give it power. Or should I continue to give it Antidotes and eventually I will catch up to my friends through leveling when it comes to power.

Also, what is the best weapon in the game for a ranger and what is that ATA needed to use it?

Everyone on PSO said you guys are the best so thanks everyone,

WH TOOSWEET

You can't raise MAGs in such a way that they boost HP. If you want more HP, equip HP units (like Digger/HP, General/HP, etc)
    ...the best ranger weapon? thats a hard one...on the PSOWorld homepage, try the "Rare Items: Weapons" link to find all the rare weapons. for rangers, rifles and launchers are really strong, but rifles i like better.

On 2003-09-07 22:58, Eihwaz wrote:
    You can't raise MAGs in such a way that they boost HP. If you want more HP, equip HP units (like Digger/HP, General/HP, etc)
    ...the best ranger weapon? thats a hard one...on the PSOWorld homepage, try the "Rare Items: Weapons" link to find all the rare weapons. for rangers, rifles and launchers are really strong, but rifles i like better.

I think they are referring to the hp damage to enemies, not his own.

What level is your mag?

It is good to have a dex mag if you are a ranger, but you should also raise its power too. Either that or get some ogre/powers or even the god/power units.

PSO Assassin

i got a lvl.47ish RAmar

i think you are refering to not doing as much damage, is this because you have made ur mag pretty much pure dex? my RAmar has a lvl 135ish Rati that i grew (black/see-through wings =) ) it only has 40 dex, 10 def, and the rest in power and mind, when it is capped i hope it to be (10 def, 100 pow, 40 dex and 50 mind)

i am only using 40 dex on my mag because there is only like 18 difference between the cap on a RAmars acc and his acc at lv.200, and im prolly gonna have atleast one god/ability to help anyway (and wtf happened to stat/maintenance??? it was my fave unit from dc, and needed by humans and newmans alike=) )

so it may look like u have to grow a new mag if you have a lv.81 pretty much pure dex mag, sorry. look for one in mines, ull prolly get one after normal vol opt =

EDIT: damn my infernal spelling =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -benjamin- on 2003-09-08 02:04 ]</font>

That mags useful enough and will allow u to take advantage of some things earliuer than a more power based mag.

For example regular hitting specail attacks. Try special attacking enemys etc.

However being a Ramar u should have gone for a power mag as Ramars have the best ata anyway so dont really need as big a ata kick as say a hucast.

Really, no one really needs more than, say, 50 points in Dex. No class. If you are primarily using weapons to cause damage, Power should be your focus. If magic, Mind (some advise Def for Mages, but I rely on Geist, so I suggest Dex and Mind)

D'OH! *slaps forehead* sorry bout that.

50 is my personal DEX limit on a mag, and the only mag i have with that much is my HUcast's Rati. when raising DEX on a mag, keep in mind that every level counts as 1/2 point of extra ATA.

Ex. My Rati has 50 DEX, so having it equiped boosts my base ATA 25 points (50/2=25)

RAmars should have a fairly balanced mag, just a touch of defense, a large amount of POW, a nice chunk of DEX and just a tad mind (for resta, anti, S/D, etc)

a mostly DEX mag will allow you to equip more guns earlier, and your attacks will hit a lot more often (including Extra Attacks), but you will be weaker and less MINDful.

Yes, that's a good mag for a Ra leveling up, but a RaMar will eventually just need power. 5 Def, 195 Power would be absolutely ideal (a goal, not a reality). His magic is worthless, and you shouldn't be getting hit. And his dex will grow naturally, in such a way that too much on a mag is just overkill.

So really, you should just level up your finisher mag in the course of using a starter mag.

I've never played as a RAmar (their icky MST always chases me off >.<) but I can tell that a MAG with enormous DEX would be a waste on a Ranger, as their ATA goes up fast enough that you don't need huge DEX.. I'd say no more than 50 should be on a MAG (my own only has 25 DEX). You should probably focus on POW, with some DEF, and all but ignore MIND, as the RAmar's is so low your Techs wouldn't do more damage than your shots. And with plenty of POW you'll be doing more damage, which seems to be your dillema.
    So just level POW, and look for better guns hehe

Resurrection

wait the best rangeer weapon is kind of a tough answer let may lay this way:
    The best shot: Iron faust and the dark meteor is pretty good
    The best rifle: the Yasminkovs and/or the Ano rifle
    Best mech gun: Guld Milla(my personal favorite)
    Best handgun: obviusly heavens punisher
    oh and if you like cool looking guns that exist right now get the Yasminkov collection which applies to rifles, handguns, and mechguns(trust me they look awesome).