Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I used a 2.0 browser to attach my save games to an email and send it to myself. Now i have the files on my computer. If I retrieved these files later and put them on my vmu, would they work or would they be corrupted? I cant test this because I only have 1 vmu and i dont want to risk losing my character. If anyone else has tried this and knows if it works, please reply. Thanx

I am a Splinter Cell

I actually just tried this last night on a quickie created character and it does work. Just be sure you DELETE THE OLD FILE before you try to redownload it from the e-mail or you WILL get a corrupted data error and he will be gone forever. Hope this helps.

Has anybody gotten this trick to work with the 2.6 browser? And are you sending to a free email acct. or a REAL one?

I think you would have to send it to a real one, because you will need to be able to retrieve attached files.
    I doubt hotmail or something like that would work
    I'm pretty relieved that this works because i don't want to fall victim to the black screen of death

Hey Naylor, how did you retrieve the file.
    when i downloaded it again, the game wouldnt load my character. I checked the file on my vmu and it had my email address on the file. I don't know why it wont work for me. i hope you reply because i dont want to lose a level 30 character. thanx

d to the ios p to the adre

why try this if you only have one vmu/mem card? if theres a chance that youl delete your save in order to put a corrupted one onto it, youd probably have to be pretty stupid to try

Version 2.6 is the kiss of death. It (occasionally) resets and changes your Dreamcast's serial number. So, no backup will save you if that happens as its going to be something else than what your little dude has on file.

is it only version 2.6? i sure hope version 3.0 isnt like that because i want to be able to set up a second isp. you have no idea how tired i am of having to switch the settings every time i play with the browser i have

diospadre, rent NBA2k1, and you can add a second ISP.

sweet thanks