John 3:16

I am currently working with my State Board of Education to decide the advantages and disadvantages of having video cameras in the classroom. These will constantly record all activity. There will be no sound recording.
    I know the majority of people who visit this board are in school in one grade or another. I would like your thoughts. Please say what you think, I will appreciate all feedback.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NKOTB on 2003-10-15 20:09 ]</font>

Public or private schools?

John 3:16

Public

Old man in a purple hat...

In my private school, one of our teachers had them. It was absolutely the most retarted thing in my life. I cannot describe to you the stupid factor, but I'd rather read harry potter. We did the same stuff we always do. I mean, whos gonna sift through 9 hours of tape a day to see if me and a friend copied each others answers. No one.

It's more for abusive actions, you know, like when he got a good shot to the jimmy?

Why not I say? There were alot of times in my classes where kids were abusing each other and the teachers, so I say go for it. The camera itself is prolly intimidating enough for most trouble makers to not do anything.
    Look, he did it again.

I'm out of grade school now, but I still remember how it was. I don't know for sure what will happen in the classroom, but I know what happened on the school bus. My bus got a camera, then the busdriver warns that we're being recorded and that we better not mess with HIM.
    The kids behave for a few days, then start back to the old shinenogans (Sp?) The main problem that I've noticed with public schools is that the employees jsut don't care.
    They see their job as nothing but a means of getting a paycheck. This is I'm sure not true in everu single case there is.
    But I do know that from my experiences with the public schooling sysyte, and to be specific, with Mrs. Waters, fourth grade teacher at alachua elementary, alachua, florida, that the kids probably will be indiferent, and whatever misbehaving has been done won't cease. They'll just do it more carefully.

Old man in a purple hat...

Like I stated previously, It doesnt stop anyone. And if by some miracle a hot girl lets me feel her boobs in class, do I want that on videotape.

Yes

But not the teachers tape, I dont want him to have a hardon cuz of my enjoyment. Nope, don't want cameras.