I totally expect to get seriously flammed for this, but here goes.

I'm sick and tired of seeing these graphic sigs that take up half a screen, sometimes repeating the same one 4 or more times in the same damn post, and serve no purpose other than to make you feel better about your character. Having to scroll through so many sigs (many of which are just too damn big) just to read someone's 2 line post is aggrevating. SUGGESTION: Don't know if you can program the board code to allow this, but don't repeat someones banner more than once per post.

I know there are "requested" image sizes for this board, but even those are too damn big. Do yourself a favor, and to all of us who honestly don't care about sigs, if you have to use one, make it the size of a typical internet banner ad.

Don't mean to be harsh...I understand people are proud of their characters, and sigs are fun to look at, but its gotten completely out of hand.

(I miss my old C-64...back in my day, we didn't fancy hi-res sigs, Photoshop or Flash, just moving ASCII art...if you were LUCKY! Nowadays, all these kiddies with their warzed copy of Adobe, think its funny to tie up my T1 bandwidth with their "tags"...sheesh)

--Cy

I agree with ya on the size issue! There's some here that are just sooo huge. Mainly in width, and make me scroll left and right to read a post.. and I hate that. Grrr. ~pokes Sciler's 800 pixel wide monster~

But I think sigs, done reasonably, serve at least some purpose here. If I see someone on the message board I'd like to play with, I can read a pso name in a text sig, but since names are not unique, I may find someone else with that name online. Granted, seeing someone with the exact name isn't that common, but I think having the not-too-large pic of Cienna down there makes it easier for people to spot me than 'HUnewearl in white with red hair'. If I did that, then everyone would think I'm Akumi. Seeing the actual picture of a character is just like seeing them in game, you know exactly what to look for in the lobby.

But then, I'm on broadband.. though I try to design my sig to be managable anywhere. Perhaps an option to view sigs or not is what we need.

<font color=red>Hey, I checked with Ambrai and I was told it was ok.

And Cy, welcome to the world of message boards. My other message boards have more and larger sigs than these...so ya might as well get used to them, or not visit message boards. Sorry if I sound so blunt but Im just stating the facts.
    <center>

Veteran Fighter

I agree and disagree on this issue.

First of all though, flames aside but if these wimpy sigs slow down your T line you got major problems, lol.

I do think it can get out of hand, however Ambrai is back to checking Sig size and athough Scilers Sig might be a little big, perhaps showy if it falls within the limitation I have no problem.

Its not the contents of the threads that cause the slow down by the way people. Its the scheer number of Threads and connected users that slow the site down.

OH and on a side note, im gonna check this board..But I do know of many boards that only show a Sig once per thread, but anyways it shouldnt matter, if you see the sig once it should be in your Temp folder and just instantly pop up the next time you see it, I guess it depends on what your IE settins are.

Heck I run a 56k and other than just getting to the board (everyone has that prob again its the number of connected users on the server) I have no probs.