Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

it doesnt have to be ragol tho, weve had this story line for quite a while now, can be a whole new planet,im just playing through ps 4 now, and that story seems pretty cool (im right at the begining after getting Rika, cant find thingies fortress lol, i think ill have to do a guild mission or summet)
    *Looks at "Rika"*
    *Looks at my Avatar*
    *Looks at my signature*
    ^_^

And to find Zio's Fort.. well I'm gonna strikethrough this just in case any of you playing it (as you SHOULD! PSIV was great X) ) want to find out on your own...

Go to Aeido on Motavia, and you will see a cave and forest surrounding the cave. Go up to the right of the forest and move left. Now go up into the cave. When you get out, move south-east. The giant fort is Zio's Fort.

Now back on-topic.
    If no one has mentioned it, PSIV style combonation attacks. (Example, FOI and ZAN used RIGHT AFTER EACH OTHER would produce the combo FIRE STORM.)

Also we should have PSIV style Skills

and instead of PB's, we could do something like it goes to the PB arena, zooms in on the HUmar, who charges up and does a HUGE slash XD

On 2003-09-24 17:42, AquaFlare7 wrote:
    OMG I just read the name "Rika". what character class is she? Ironically I just made a character with that name not knowing it was already in existence....
    Rika would be considered a HUnewearl, but she's a legacy Phantasy Star character, not PSO. She's one of the original newmans, and appears in Phantasy Star 4.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

i no if u played FFTA ull no there is a class called Morpher. They can use monsters souls turn into them and attack! Well in PSO thetll be cool except bosses! U can turn into an animal 4 like 1 min

BLOCKING!!! You have the abiltity to defend yourself in most RPGS. Having the abilty to block like you attack would make it much more tacticle and exciting!

The blocking idea deserves a reply post for it alone, I think it's the best one yet!

Well, he isn't the only person to think of it. A Defend option for the action panel would be a very good idea, take less damage and greatly increase evasion while it's held down. That's would be very useful.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

A dash function would be really sweet. Like gauntlet legends, while holding the dash button you drain hp. Or a Stamina meter could appear while dashing. Save alot of time running around in ruins. The only thing I can see wrong with this is someone dashing and stealing your rare... >-<

Oh ya and some special little stuff with traps. Dropping 2 of the same trap would increase the effectiveness and range of a trap. Megid traps be funny to. Get one every 30 levels . (to make it not so cheap)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Auracom on 2003-09-26 17:05 ]</font>

On 2003-09-24 08:54, Kefka wrote:
    Separate the ATTACK button from the PICK UP button, even a 5 year old child wouldn't have made such a mistake !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just change your attack button if its so bad, it is only set to a, not attack.

There are basically two aspects of PSO which are lacking in my opinion, though I guess they're pretty big areas.

Firstly, the whole battle system. Its good for what it is, and represents a broad range of abilities within a simple control scheme. Its basically making a turn-based game real-time. The problem with this is it loses things from both sides. Its too slow and simplistic to be considered an action game (in the way other games are), while the techniques have been severely reduced from the previous Phantasy Star plenitude.

The solution I think would be to provide a far more sophisticated battling system, perhaps almost along the lines of Soul Calibur for Hunters. Of course to go with this you'd need far more intelligent monsters, or monsters whose strength isn't in the megid they fire. And a far more interesting range of monsters. As good as CCA looks its a severe comedown from the numerous different types of monsters in Caves and Ruins. As for Rangers and Forces, keep the same level of sophistication as with the Hunters. If techniques were actually more difficult to use than simply pressing a button it'd be great.

Secondly, the RPG element, or MMORPG element. A lot of people have mentioned this. I don't think there's much to say. There's a whole planet to explore and what do we do? Go underground! As well as that there's a huge city to explore and we're confronted by two tiny areas which are pretty much identical in terms of function. So, let us go everwhere, more different lobbies, lobbies with things to do in them, things which are an improvement upon Go-go-ball. I remember someone mentioned Chu Chu Rocket a while back on one of these things. Why not? We can download it, why not let us play each other online? ST's genius lies in the worlds they create as well as the way their games play. Why not make levels on a scale equivalent to what NiGHTS meant for the Saturn?

Anyway, this game has a lot of scope, and there's nothing else like it, so use it, use the Phantasy Star universe to make a great game.

I thought of this while playing Capcom Vs SNK. But the ability to "store" photon blasts. When your PB gauge gets 100% you store it and start building up another "charge" up to three levels can be stored, or 300% You can then either Release a level 1, 2, or 3 PB Blast.