Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eh? Humanoids?

Anyone know why it was changed from "android" to "humanoid", or if it was a little translation flub or like, or an actual actual change?
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

I bet they did it entirely to anger Androids even more than ever.

The word Humanoid would seem to imply that they are alive. Hm...

No it wouldn't, it would imply that they are in the general shape of a human.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Or maybe they just like it.

Android=more servant type
    Humanoid=more human type (non servant like...)
    (at least I think so)

In PSO episode 1, there are still racism toward androids. It seems that some android became self independant, which means no one really own them... which I guess that is why they move into Humanoid category...

Now thinking that way... why would one want to make a humanoid that runs off? who sponsor them? or just 1 genius decide to make a new population? (tip: dont think about these stuffs too much, just enjoy the game... because most likely the designer are not thinking about these stuffs either)

Oooh, good point with the independance thing. And the people of Pioneer 2 do seem racist towards androids, specifically that time when the soldier tells you to not talk to Elenor. As for who's making them, it could be many people each built one, then figured out they didn't like them being independant, but by then it was too late. It could also be one that was made, then he built the others.

Android-Possessing human features.

An automaton that is created from biological materials and resembles a human. Also called humanoid.

HumanoidHaving human characteristics or form.

No diffrence, really, by definition.

i think maybe that only 1 indepent humanoid was built (by accident), and it made others that made others, etc, etc.

PSOW Old Timer

I thought the Mother Computer (cant remember the name right now >_< from PS 2) created androids?