Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

BTW, GIBARTA will always (I think) split a slime. If you want to, that is. Also, sometimes casting resta, or getting back up during a UNAVIODABLE ATTACK will make it... aviodable.

yes, gibarta is a good tool for slime splitting

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerris on 2003-10-19 18:59 ]</font>

Wielder of Wasabi

I think Rabarta always splits slimes, but im not too sure

yes, rabarta splits slimes. i used to do this all the time when a slime was the last monster to unlock a door. it was great fun watching my team scream "stop the madness!"

you can get 3 extra slimes from 1 slime. so some rooms with 2 slimes can be split into 8. that's great fun. watching them hurt each other and your team trying to stop them. and in DC you could only hit slimes once and then they'd collapse and have to wait for them to reform. oh the madness that ensued! good times, good times...

by the way if i need to be done with pan arms or slimes i just use hell weapons or megid. saves time.

Another useful tip, FOmarls look gorgeous with Claws. A beautiful fashion accessory. I usually leave some combat hotkeys to do a victory dance on the last mob in room or after boss death.

And the absolute best is FOmarl with claw, no x/battle (she has a very slow battle animation to start with), and get hit by a slow trap. Her victory dance looks the best then. Something about a lady in flowing robes doing an achingly slow midair twirl with a claw... good times, good times...
    "Do you still think I'm scrumptious?" -- Rimururu, Samurai Showdown 4

'Nuther tip for claws:

Try a Normal-Heavy-Normal

Normal stuns, Heavy knocks back, Normal finishes before they strike back.

And one for spreads:

Always use 3-hit combos, the cooldown is shortest after 3-hits, PLUS the cooldown is about a millisecond longer than the wait in between each combo hit with N-N-N, so with any sort of battle, you can keep pressing the normal attack button. Same thing with Heavy, only Vice-Versa.