Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

piping and everything the like (esp the canaring trick) is definitely an exploit. since it bases on a logical bug in the game. recoboxing hm... lets say ST forgot to put a maximum exp drain. thus its exploiting as well.

however, its up to everyone to do exploit things as they're not intended by ST and are as well really boring on a sidenote.

cRappy Hunter

Rena-ko, if you're saying that piping and the Canadine trick are exploits because they ignore the logistics of the game (enemies can be killed only once until a new game is started) then I don't see how recoboxing can be considered an exploit since it actually follows the damage logistics in the game (unlimited EXP can be stolen from enemies AND high enough enemy DEF + low enough player ATP = 0 damage).

If you consider it an exploit because you believe ST accidently made EXP stealing limitless (pretty hard to prove, by the way) then you would have to consider all exp stealing past what the enemy is worth to be cheating as well. Do you actually consider stealing exp from Barbles to be exploiting the game?

...Ok Piping Cannot be an exploit. If it was in the DC version and teh Gamecube version And the Xbox version, dont u think they woulda fixed by now. And
    Sonic Team lists piping as a "gameplay tip" on their own website
    so they know about and they want people to find the rare monsters/items. ...Well that is my 2Cents

hold the phones and stop the presses, why hasnt nayone spoken to me about them darn cannabins, fill me in

Assuming I won't get vaporized by Guntz...

You can actually destroy the rings of Canadines and telepipe back before the central one is destroyed (don't remember the nonUltimate name, but in Ultimate they are Canunes).

When you come back, the ring will have returned.
    Useful for hunting Canadine rares.

I've also found that you can destroy the Canune and while the Canadines go into self destruct mode you might be able to pipe back and the Canune will return, also useful for some of those harder rares.

Not sure if piping works in the case of reviving Canunes, but twice now I died to an exploding Canadine and returned to Pioneer 2 while others were still spinning (I had delayed them by attacking them), and when I came back the whole circle was back. Second time I purposely got myself killed, and it worked again.

Almost same sort of logic for Bulclaws, except when you kill the Bulc and die or return, all the Claws that had split off of it will disappear.

On 2003-12-02 09:34, Mixfortune wrote:
    When you come back, the ring will have returned.
    Useful for hunting Canadine rares.
    Erm, if I read the guides on this right, it's not usefule for getting rares. Items only drop on the first kill, not on the subsequent ones on return. So it's good for getting EXP fast offline, but it's no use when piping for rares...