Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok...background first.
    In history at the moment, we are learning about the Spiral of Terror and the holocaust. The spiral of terror is the process of:
    Stereotyping
    Scapegoat making
    Separatization
    And it goes on the pogroms, deportation etc.
    First off. In this forum, the same thing is happening. I am aware this is a forum, no killing is going to happen, but still, think about this. Uber legits say all dupers are out to get them, and ruin the game. They say they are all lazy, and angry dupers say legits are uptight morons. Thas all stereotyping. The uber legits blame all the bad stuff in the game on people who do or can dupe. There are even threads clearly stating the difference between "legits" and "dupers", and that either is clearly superior. C'mon, I think everyone on this forums hates Nazis or what they did, but you do the same? You are doing the beginning of the same thing. It shows how prone humans are to this. Why do you insist that the other side is not human, only because you do not know them.
    For crying out loud.......
    By the way, before uber legits flame me, I do not know how to dupe or hack, but I have a couple dupes I use. I am going to be considered an arsehole for this, but honestly I have more compassion for the dupers. Yes, some maybe do want to bring PSO down, but only some.
    Play and let play.
    Luke

fun that you compare this with nazis. not with americans chasing communist americans during the cold war or americans chasing japanese americans during world war 2, whose would be much closer to your american history.

on the other side, you speak of living and letting live right?
    problem there. cheaters and legits only can live besides each other when they ignore each other. its not like i need to understand what a duper thinks about things, its just the complete oposite of what i would do. and dont start with greyscales. its simply as that.

dupes aren't meant to be in this game. every duper that claims he she it is just exploiting a bug and its STs fault. well lets say someone rams a knife into your heart. its your fault then that you collapse, because it wasnt built well enough the stand a knife. may sound weird but its bringing things to a point.

dream on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-11-13 12:42 ]</font>

On 2003-11-13 12:29, L_evans wrote:
    Ok...background first.
    In history at the moment, we are learning about the Spiral of Terror and the holocaust. The spiral of terror is the process of:
    Stereotyping
    Scapegoat making
    Separatization
    First off. In this forum, the same thing is happening. I am aware this is a forum, no killing is going to happen, but still, think about this. Uber legits say all dupers are out to get them, and ruin the game. They say they are all lazy, and angry dupers say legits are uptight morons. Thas all stereotyping. The uber legits blame all the bad stuff in the game on people who do or can dupe. There are even threads clearly stating the difference between "legits" and "dupers", and that either is clearly superior. C'mon, I think everyone on this forums hates Nazis or what they did, but you do the same? You are doing the beginning of the same thing. It shows how prone humans are to this. Why do you insist that the other side is not human, only because you do not know them.
    By the way, before uber legits flame me, I do not know how to dupe or hack, but I have a couple dupes I use. I am going to be considered an arsehole for this, but honestly I have more compassion for the dupers. Yes, some maybe do want to bring PSO down, but only some.
    Play and let play.
    Luke

~my apologies, but what the "F" do Nazis have to do with any of this; unless Auschwitz has been re-activated & PsO hackers have been sent there to be turned to fertilizer without our knowing, don't even dare to compare the 2 - ever.. there may be a schism between hackers & legits in PsO, but this is a mental war ~ a 2-way conflict that is insignificant when compared to the Nazi pogrom..

I think this one belongs in The Dead Horse Society.
    You couldn't be more wrong. In the few months I've been active here, I have seen more ppl here going against the legit-cheater war than I have seen actualy fighting it.
    Comparing ppl with nazis is a DON'T in Yurp, especialy if the comparison is only as shallow as you make it.
    I don't think there is a spiral like you describe going on. However, I do think the hacking shit is taking a turn for the worse, with those absurd lvl MAGs that are out on GC lately...

On 2003-11-13 12:29, L_evans wrote:
    Ok...background first.
    Stereotyping
    Scapegoat making
    Separatization
    Play and let play.
    Luke

as the title of your thread says...get a grip. you cant compare this to nazis. and yes why not use americans as well? or are you an american blind to the crimes the americans have committed( i use the term "americans" to mean generally the government etc, not your average joe)the way people keep mentioning teh nazis is disgustiong. its liek highlighting them and forgettign all the others! people should be better educated

and not meanign to bash peopel new to the site, but i have seen lots of utter bullshit comming from people with under 10 posts lately. i can understand you want ot give your opinion, but the "hello im me"* type stuff should go in the lounge, thats what its for.

* ok poor description, but surely most o you knwo what i mean.

dotn bash my typing....

Ok...sorry if my opinion offended people, but about bs coming from people with under 10 posts, I have been looking at this forum for over 4 months. True, I have only signed up recently, but I do not think that makes my opinions less valid. Let me tone my post down a bit. All I am trying to say is there is that its not a big deal, cheating and being legit. If you want to play legit, be proud. If someone wants to duplicate their items and share em out, fine. if someone FSODXs you, that affects you, and that I do not condone. If someone enters your game with a TJ or BKB, and massacres everything, ok, ask them to use something else, if they dont, get mad at the individual, not cos hes a duper. Better?
    Luke

actually, i dont see any uberlegit-cheater wars anywhere. its just like two gangs who know its a waste of strength to actually fight, but they hiss at each other frequently.
    really nothing to be alarmed of.
    its in the end just two completely different ways of seeing PSO. life and let life.

and, using nazis as example might be popular in the states, but think before you posting something like that on the internet.

for having not posted enough... well it indeed weakened your position, but it shouldnt discourage you. relax, have fun. in the end its just a game

i never said it makes your opinion lees valid. and to be fair i see almost as much bs from peopel with mid amounts of post counts

(darn are i bored)

well, you never know how much of that number is actually just plain spam (only the poster itself knows that). in the end, a plain number says nothing, its superficial.

what do you think about people with low postcount? you tend to lable them as noobs or newbies.

what do you think about people with writing stuff like "banned" into their descriptions?
    you dont take them very serious or you think they must be pretty childish and they have a quite hard time to prove it false each time they post. no offense. youre not the only one 9x9.